on my fourth replacement from verizon and I need help...

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by sudoscience, Sep 3, 2011.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. sudoscience

sudoscience New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I've had a charge since june and I keep running into a problem with it where I lose the ability to make calls. The phone can be anywhere, it's not a signal issue as I'm from Boston. What happens is that the phone seemingly works fine and then suddenly will show the No Signal thing instead of showing the phone signal strength and on the lock screen it will say "searching for signal". So while this happens I can't make phone calls, when I try it says "Network Not Available" and kicks me back to the phone screen.
    Now here's the tricky part... I have 4G signal or 3G signal and can go online and both send and receive data. So that connection is working fine and clearly finding signal.

so... It's not that I'm in an area with low signal and that's why I am losing my connection. This happens sporadically and can happen anywhere, I've had it happen hours away from my home, or simply just wandering around town. When it happens I can take the phone and go for a 3 mile walk and it will still say that it is searching for service.
    My friend has a Charge as well and he has never experienced this issue his phone shows 4 bars of strength five inches away from mine when it locks up like this. So in order to make a call I have to put it into airplane mode and then take it back out. When it switches to airplane mode (as it's turning off the radio signals) it will quickly show that it has great signal strength. Another option is for me restart the phone and you all know how long that takes... If I have to make an emergency call, this is clearly not an option.
    Recently I've discovered that I can use another phone and call the Charge while it is locked in this searching mode and it will receive the call and I can answer the call but it will still display no service, until the end of the call when it will put the signal bars back up to normal... Where I assume it's been the whole time. It's like the phone is just lazy about taking the step to tell me I have service when I do and thus killing my abilities to do things.

Now the worst part... I'm on my third unit with this problem.

This happens about once a day (sometimes more)... Verizon monitored my signal for the day to look for irregularities and I was on the other line with them when the phone was having it's problem. They found no irregularities with my service... And have again decided that it's my device with the problem and are sending me a 4th unit. Hoping that this one will fix the problem... but I have serious doubts at this point.

Has anyone else ever encountered this before? Everyone I know with Charges seems very happy.
    Anyone got any ideas on what to do?
    Does anyone know if I have any legal options to file for lemon law or something like that to try and get a new device or a different one?

I really appreciate any ideas and advice I can get at this point.

Thanks for your help.
  2. scottysize

scottysize Active Member

Ratings:
    +88
    Mine keeps loosing it's connection to the Internet. In 3G and 4G, just drops it and does come back unless I turn it off and back on. I plan on selling it to Gazelle September 8. They're offering me $239 for it and they can have it.
  3. MadeForJesus

MadeForJesus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Thunderbolt, but have the same problem with 3g and 4g not working right. I am on my first replacement and the exact same thing happens. Places where I used to get strong 4g, I can't even get any data signal. Mine also switches to 1x sometimes. Cell tower is not far and I keep 3 out of four bars at home, but no data connection. It seemed to start after the last update that Verizon sent out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  4. sudoscience

sudoscience New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So this is where my problem is different. I have no problems with 3g or 4g connectivity my data works great and I am almost always in 4g... it just won't make calls... It tells me I have 4g and my connection speeds would seem to mirror that being true. it just won't flip over and allow me to make calls...
  5. jgray4588

jgray4588 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have noticed my charge doing the same thing. Having 3g or 4g but no service. I have not really tried making calls or anything when it happens but i know it does not stay like that very long. I will keep a look out about it and see what happens the next time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  6. sudoscience

sudoscience New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I'd appreciate that. Mine can be out for a while apparently... I was waiting with verizon for about an hour and it wouldn't restore the service until I called the phone with another line.
Search tags for this page

check for monitoring

droid charge help lost my html viewing

making calls on a replacement phone

my droid charge wont make calls

on my 4th replacement phone

on my fourth replacement htc

samsung charge wont receive phone calls
verizon charge cant make calls