On my 2nd Razr Maxx...need screen protector/case suggestion

Hockey

Reaction score
Alright, I finally did it by shattering my screen again yesterday. I am careful, but working in the field I do, stuff happens.

So I bit the bullet, and paid the $99 fee for Asurion. 2nd claim. Whoopity.

I usually hate screen protectors (and never have used any) because of the feel, but I have been told there are all different types out there.

So what kind of screen protector should I get?

I don't want something that is rough and sticky that bubbles up.

Will your screen shatter with a screen protector?

Also, I'm looking at the Otterbox obviouslly for a case.

So do I get the Defender or the Commuter? I need something to protect it, but I don't like how the Defender is so big. Is the commuter light? Does it come with a belt holster?

Thanks everyone :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I like the defender. Its rugged and for me, I like to err on the side of caution. All of my devices get put in defenders.. some think they're bulky and hard to get in and out of your pocket... I personally don't have those issues.

In the end, its your call :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I personally am in love with my Anti-Glare protector from the corporate VZW store. I haven't noticed a difference in the feel

Raikkonen

Reaction score
I have the Commuter case and a screen protector from Verizon itself. I love the commuter. It's a great combination of protection and weight. Only two, maybe three disappointments. Those being that the back is a little slippery, the silicone part of the case attracts lint and there is no kickstand. I personally don't use a kickstand so it's no big deal to me. As for the screen protector on white screens there is a bit of "fuzziness" which takes away from showing off the Super AMOLED display, but is easy to get used to. It protects well though.

Hope that helps!

x25064

Reaction score
Otter box cases are overpriced and overrated. Unless your beating the piss out of your phone you really shouldn't need one. I use a Cimo S-line case and I find it to be of excellent quality, maintaining the phones slim profile and stylish as well. I've had quite a few drops and no problems.

As for the screen protector, I don't use them so I have no suggestions. The screen on the razr is the most resilient screen I have ever used.

Papa_T

Reaction score
The Commuter series does not come with a clip on holster and therefore, no kickstand. The Defender series has its own screen protector and I have not had any problems with the phone not reacting to my commands. I wouldn't use anything other than an Otterbox. As far as price is concerned, you get what you pay for. Do some searches and you'll find them cheaper on line than in a store.

Last edited:

xtor

Reaction score
Hockey said:
Alright, I finally did it by shattering my screen again yesterday. I am careful, but working in the field I do, stuff happens.

So I bit the bullet, and paid the $99 fee for Asurion. 2nd claim. Whoopity.

I usually hate screen protectors (and never have used any) because of the feel, but I have been told there are all different types out there.

So what kind of screen protector should I get?

I don't want something that is rough and sticky that bubbles up.

Will your screen shatter with a screen protector?

Also, I'm looking at the Otterbox obviouslly for a case.

So do I get the Defender or the Commuter? I need something to protect it, but I don't like how the Defender is so big. Is the commuter light? Does it come with a belt holster?

Thanks everyone :)

Defenders holster has a kick stand, i broke my holster and otter box sent me 2 new ones for free, great customer service, fyi, remove the otter screen protector and use one that attaches to the screen

point of origin

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
??? I bought the OtterBox Defender online for my Bionic and its HUGE!!! Its like carrying around a paperback book ! Would be perfect for Mountain Climbing or something! But for everyday use...the thing's a BRICK! Used it for 2 days, it now sits in a junk drawer. I know , its hard to find one that fits your needs. To this day, I'm still looking for the right case for it!!! I have 3 and I don't like any of them. :-(
Check out the Commuter, I haven't tried that one out yet?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Last edited:

Caesars

Reaction score
I use defender/zagg combo, thought about commuter/zagg combo.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

heavyvino

Reaction score
I use the defender it has paid for itself atleast twice by protecting my phone. The defender also has the strongest belt clip of any case that I looked at. So I say defender for the save.

GSdub510

Reaction score
I dropped my Razr not once, but twice last night on hardwood floor. Luckily I put the Commuter on before going out because my phone is unscathed!

rodeo

Reaction score
I second the comment about otterbox customer service. Had a bubble in my screen protector and since you can't order just the screen protector I emailed them to see who made them because I really like theirs (no orange peel). They sent me an entire new commuter when all I really wanted was the screen protector. Highly recommended.

x25064

Reaction score
Papa_T said:
The Commuter series does not come with a clip on holster and therefore, no kickstand. The Defender series has its own screen protector and I have not had any problems with the phone not reacting to my commands. I wouldn't use anything other than an Otterbox. As far as price is concerned, you get what you pay for. Do some searches and you'll find them cheaper on line than in a store.

I paid 5 bucks for the same quality of case they sell for 20. That adage isn't always true.

karl.t.2112

Reaction score
I like the Otter Box Defender series of cases. It really protects the phone but if you drop it onto something like step corner, large rock and it hits inside the screen area the screen will most likely break. I have dropped my Razr several times, all on concrete or asphalt, and had it not been for the Otter Box case I am positive the phone would have some type of issues... aka connectivity with voice/data or serious screen issues.