On leak 2233 lost 4g?

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I think it happened some time during my tibu restores but I didn't notice because I was on wifi after a restart I'm always on 3g and its usually grey(but still connects pages lord and I can post here)
I've tried every toggle I can think of. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

hairstylizt89

Reaction score
Funny, when my connection pops into a grey 4g it tells me there us a network problem and to check the network, and I have NO internet connection, i'm constantly turning on wifi. Also, I used to connect my phone to my blutooth device in my car and listen to iheart radio, but now I never have connection so it cuts out constantly, its better to listen to fuzzy radio stations.

OP
TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
I found the go old *#*#4636*#*# and I can has data again.

Mr4G

Reaction score
What is that?

Lol, type that number in the dial pad and get to the phones "secret" settings. There you can toggle the radio off/on to force the phone to try and reconnect 4G.

I used to have to do that all the time before installing the ICS leak. Now, no drops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hairstylizt89

Reaction score
I tried typing that into the dial pad, tried calling the number, it doesn't do anything...

OP
TOMMYBOT

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
My apologies *#*#4636#*#* is what you type go down switch it to GSM only wait a min then switch it back.

As for getting the leak I'm on my phone so I don't have my book marks but over on DROID hive their keeping a running list up do links and what you need to do.

hairstylizt89

Reaction score
Well I did that in the secret menu and now it won't connect at all without wifi...

Mr4G

Reaction score
I tried typing that into the dial pad, tried calling the number, it doesn't do anything...

If you dial *#*#4636#*#* (*#*#INFO#*#*)
on the dialpad you shouldn't even get a chance to hit send. It should take you to a Testing screen. From there you select "Phone Information" then scrolls own and look for the radio toggle button.

PLEASE DON'T PLAY WITH ANY OTHER SETTING

hairstylizt89

Reaction score
Yea I was entering it wrong. I did that and street I restarted my phone I have good connection. Now to figure out this ics thing...

Mr4G

Reaction score
Yea I was entering it wrong. I did that and street I restarted my phone I have good connection. Now to figure out this ics thing...

Installing ICS is pretty simple.

1. Download the ICS update file (google "bionic ICS" and you'll find the link.

2. Transfer the file to your phones external Memory Card (file should be a zip file)

3. Backup any data that you might be heartbroken over if you loose. (Titanium Backup is my app of choice)

4. Turn the phone off, then boot into Recovery. (power on device, while holding up&down volume buttons)

5. Use volume down to highlight "recovery" then use volume up to select option.

6. When you get to exclamation point hit both up/down volume button.

7. There should be an option to install update from memory card (use up/down volume to move selection and power button to select option.)

8. Look for the zip file u transfer to memory card in step 2.

9. If update is successful, you should boot up into new ICS OS. Your settings and apps should also still be there too.

This is a real condensed step list so if I missed anything, my bad this was totally from memory. Make sure to search and research before doing anything. And I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING YOU DO TO YOUR PHONE.

Ziggie

Reaction score
Mr4G said:
If you dial *#*#4636#*#* (*#*#INFO#*#*)
on the dialpad you shouldn't even get a chance to hit send. It should take you to a Testing screen. From there you select "Phone Information" then scrolls own and look for the radio toggle button.

PLEASE DON'T PLAY WITH ANY OTHER SETTING

You can also just download the app Phone Info from the play store.