On Average, how long does your Droid 1 Replacement last?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've had my droid since 11/7/09 and never had a problem with it to this date. I love that phone. It's rock solid. Also it was my first smartphone.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i went through 5. they all lasted about 2 weeks. but now i have an incredible

went thru 5 and i see you busted the inc screen once. Me thinks you just beat the tar out of your droids, it's not a title bout man, it's a phone :p

lol. ya, its weird. all the droid1's i broke weren't my fault. they were all defects, but i've broken 2 incredibles, both my fault. i might expect too much out of them..

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
I've had mine since March and have not had any problems with it, I don't think I could love a phone more! *Knock on wood*

Droidfish

Reaction score
I'm on my original Droid, a year in 2 weeks, I kept waiting for the headphone Jack thing to happen to me but it never did. I almost sent my in one time it started acting up but I ended up flashing the sbf and never looking back, lol. When it breaks don't go to Verizon, come to droidforums! I've yet to find an issue these users can't help fix

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

psychicdroid

Reaction score
Likewise, I take care of everything I own, I have a lot more expensive things then my Droid 1, and they don't break.

Fact is, My original last for 8 months, no problems. But, once you get a refurb, it seems like all your getting is a phone that someone else sent back, then it gets (another) factory reset and thrown back in a box to be shipped as the next "certified replacement".

I think I remember a thread awhile back titled "stuck in refurb hell", and it seems as though once you get a refurb, you will need another shortly thereafter.

There are a lot of thread about how crappy the refurbished phones are. Sometimes I wish I could have kept my broken headphone jack droid. Verizon's replacement droid are so bad that you might be better off living with whatever problem you have as long as it doesnt involve the screen.

This exactly. My issue was a software problem that 2.2 caused. They sent me 3 refurbs and I sent them right back. First one the slider was so loose I could hold it upside down and it would slide open. Second one had so much static in the ear piece I couldn't hear anybody. Third one had an issue with the slider also. So I sent them all back and kept my original. After a month of fiddling with it, it finally started working again somewhat. I can live with that, those replacements I couldn't.

digitalr0gue

Reaction score
Likewise, I take care of everything I own, I have a lot more expensive things then my Droid 1, and they don't break.

Fact is, My original last for 8 months, no problems. But, once you get a refurb, it seems like all your getting is a phone that someone else sent back, then it gets (another) factory reset and thrown back in a box to be shipped as the next "certified replacement".

I think I remember a thread awhile back titled "stuck in refurb hell", and it seems as though once you get a refurb, you will need another shortly thereafter.

There are a lot of thread about how crappy the refurbished phones are. Sometimes I wish I could have kept my broken headphone jack droid. Verizon's replacement droid are so bad that you might be better off living with whatever problem you have as long as it doesnt involve the screen.

This exactly. My issue was a software problem that 2.2 caused. They sent me 3 refurbs and I sent them right back. First one the slider was so loose I could hold it upside down and it would slide open. Second one had so much static in the ear piece I couldn't hear anybody. Third one had an issue with the slider also. So I sent them all back and kept my original. After a month of fiddling with it, it finally started working again somewhat. I can live with that, those replacements I couldn't.

I never had a refurbish work worth a damn in the 7 years I have been with verizon. Every one had issues out of the box. I'll buy a new one before I do that again.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
steveninspokane
Reaction score
So it seems from all the replies that if your D1 is good from the beginning, then you will never need a replacement, but once you get a replacement, you will continue down that road.