On Average, how long does your Droid 1 Replacement last?

Reaction score
I would say my original Droid lasted for the longest time, and replacements fail daily.

Original Droid: 8 months (Touch screen no longer responsive)
1st Replacement: 1 month 4 days (Too mane dead pixels)
2nd Replacement: 1 month 1 week (Volume up key no longer functioned)
3rd Replacement: Just got it yesterday.

I am assuming replacement will last about a month as well.

The worst part is each Droid I get, I customize less and less because I feel as though it isn't worth the time know I will just have to send it back eventually anyways.

So how long have your Droid replacements lasted?

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had the same Original Droid since 11/6/2009 and not one problem - I could easily see a refurb having a shorter lifespan

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

joeybarclay

Reaction score
"The worst part is each Droid I get, I customize less and less because I feel as though it isn't worth the time know I will just have to send it back eventually anyways."
I do the same thing I am currently having to hold off root until my phone breaks enough that I can send it on for another.
1st droid headphone jack issue
2nd droid blown speaker right out of the box
3rd droid has a caved in power button that Verizon will not replace.

Last edited:

Vladimir

Reaction score
having to deal with these issues on a daily basis the only thing i can tell you is take care of your dang phone before you complain that its the phone, people have had this phone from a year now and there are more of these people then you whiners who dont take care of your phones.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
having to deal with these issues on a daily basis the only thing i can tell you is take care of your dang phone before you complain that its the phone, people have had this phone from a year now and there are more of these people then you whiners who dont take care of your phones.

I have never dropped any of my phones and have gone through three. The way I take care of my phone probably classifies as a mental condition:)

xmguy

Reaction score
"The worst part is each Droid I get, I customize less and less because I feel as though it isn't worth the time know I will just have to send it back eventually anyways."
I do the same thing I am currently having to hold off root until my phone breaks enough that I can send it on for another.
1st droid headphone jack issue
2nd droid blown speaker right out of the box
3rd droid has a caved in power button that Verizon will not replace.

Tell them it's another issue. See if you can find an issue. DO NOT create one. That's fraud.

OP
steveninspokane
Reaction score
Likewise, I take care of everything I own, I have a lot more expensive things then my Droid 1, and they don't break.

Fact is, My original last for 8 months, no problems. But, once you get a refurb, it seems like all your getting is a phone that someone else sent back, then it gets (another) factory reset and thrown back in a box to be shipped as the next "certified replacement".

I think I remember a thread awhile back titled "stuck in refurb hell", and it seems as though once you get a refurb, you will need another shortly thereafter.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Likewise, I take care of everything I own, I have a lot more expensive things then my Droid 1, and they don't break.

Fact is, My original last for 8 months, no problems. But, once you get a refurb, it seems like all your getting is a phone that someone else sent back, then it gets (another) factory reset and thrown back in a box to be shipped as the next "certified replacement".

I think I remember a thread awhile back titled "stuck in refurb hell", and it seems as though once you get a refurb, you will need another shortly thereafter.

There are a lot of thread about how crappy the refurbished phones are. Sometimes I wish I could have kept my broken headphone jack droid. Verizon's replacement droid are so bad that you might be better off living with whatever problem you have as long as it doesnt involve the screen.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
First droid - 3 months.
Replacement - 8 months, and still going.

Killed my first droid by flashing to much :p

Sent from my Droid

Relex

Reaction score
I just got my forth replacement d1 two weeks ago. My last Droid lasted me about six months before the volume up button quit working.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Have had mine for 8 months and it's rolling strong. Surprised I haven't broken mine from flashing too much tho :p Just proves it's resilience.

fox_dye

Reaction score
I got a refurbished droid about 4 months ago and haven't had any problems. My wife's first lasted 3 months second 8 then the auto focus went out she has had number 3 about a month and she wont let me root this one {:^(

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

tktouch12

Reaction score
i went through 5. they all lasted about 2 weeks. but now i have an incredible