On 4g for the first time!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I got my phone the other day and I barely have 3g at home. I'm usually on wifi at home and at work. Now I'm at work for the first time since getting my Rezound and all I can say is WOW! This is even a weak 4g signal (95 dBm). This is better than my Comcast wifi at home. I can't wait until I get 4g near my house.

This was posted on my Rezound using DroidForums.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the dark side. If you don't have unlimited data...keep an eye on your usage. It's addictive.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Thankfully I'm grandfathered in to unlimited data but the only thing as impressive as the 4g speed is the battery drain. I think I'll stick to wifi unless I need the speed.

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
4G is a battery destroyer. i have a good 4G signal at my place in jersey city but wifi is noticeably faster when browsing the web. also on comcast. 4g is off on my phone 99% of the time.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
The funny thing is idiotekniQues, you're in Jersey City and Mr Smith, you're in Philly and both you guys are enjoying 4g. And here I am in SNJ (Gloucester Co) with no 4g and weak 3g at home and weak 4g and 3g at work. Hey VZ, did you forget about us in the heart of Jersey? Give us some love down here, will ya?

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I drive through gloucester county(Paulsboro) every day. And I hate it because I know my 4G just magically disappeared....and that it's Paulsboro

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I drive through gloucester county(Paulsboro) every day. And I hate it because I know my 4G just magically disappeared....and that it's Paulsboro

I work not to far from there and I live on the other side of the county.

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
The funny thing is idiotekniQues, you're in Jersey City and Mr Smith, you're in Philly and both you guys are enjoying 4g. And here I am in SNJ (Gloucester Co) with no 4g and weak 3g at home and weak 4g and 3g at work. Hey VZ, did you forget about us in the heart of Jersey? Give us some love down here, will ya?

there is good 4G coverage in Newark, Hoboken & Jersey City. But when I go 18 miles west to my folks in Wayne, no 4G. I guess it hasn't made it too far out in the NY Metro area yet.

ozo012

Reaction score
there is good 4G coverage in Newark, Hoboken & Jersey City. But when I go 18 miles west to my folks in Wayne, no 4G. I guess it hasn't made it too far out in the NY Metro area yet.
I live in West Caldwell and I found it extremely ironic that there is a very popular VZW store right on Rt. 46 in Wayne past Willowbrook that does not have 4G signal. There appears to be no 4G anywhere west of the Verona area or north of it. Wish I had it in West Caldwell because the internet at my house is slow.

jonpearson

Reaction score
Well I'm totally jealous I've had my Rezound since late December and have yet to be on 4g even when I drove my wife to Ft Lauderdale to a meeting in the corporate Verizon building still had no 4g connection in their own facility.....but I love this phone nonetheless

HTC Rezound

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I'm totally jealous I've had my Rezound since late December and have yet to be on 4g even when I drove my wife to Ft Lauderdale to a meeting in the corporate Verizon building still had no 4g connection in their own facility.....but I love this phone nonetheless

HTC Rezound

You might have been there during a national 4g outage. If memory serves it was Dec 28 and for a few days more in spots in late December.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
I live in West Caldwell and I found it extremely ironic that there is a very popular VZW store right on Rt. 46 in Wayne past Willowbrook that does not have 4G signal. There appears to be no 4G anywhere west of the Verona area or north of it. Wish I had it in West Caldwell because the internet at my house is slow.

that store doesn't even get good 3g signal lol

same with near the verizon store in the Newport Mall in Jersey City. poor signal.

jonpearson

Reaction score
My wives' tmobile galaxy s2 is constantly on 4g no matter where we go..this rezound is pretty fast on 3g I can only imagine what 4g will be like.

HTC Rezound

acousticshade

Reaction score
If your lucky enough to have 4G in a very rural area or better yet, a rural area where no one else has a 4G phone, you will have blistering fast speeds. I live in an area where there are probably less than 500 4G phones (maybe only a few hundred) and we are supposed to get 4G sometime this year. MAN I can't wait!!!!