On 3rd droid another problem

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
First off, I love my droid, it's my first smart phone and I completely love it but I've had some bad luck and I'm on my third one and I need to take this one back as well.

First phone kept losing its internet connection and the only way to get it back was to turn the phone completely off and then back on and then the net would die about 5-10 mins later, this was confirmed by the verizon staff.

Second phone worked great, but noticed the orientation sensor started failing and wouldn't turn when I turned the phone, had to push open the physical keyboard then close it to get the phone to turn and virtual keyboard to appear, this was also confirmed by the verizon customer service in store as faulty.

So I get my third phone today, first thing I notice when I get home is that my 4 buttons at the bottom are lite with PINK lights, yes pink. I asked my friend what color he thought the buttons were and he said "umm pink man". Now that doesn't bother me as much as when I turned the phone around, a dent was in the copper colored speaker in the back that gives out the media sound/speaker phone voice.

I'm very careful with my phone, have the zagg invis shield on the screen and the leather body glove on the phone, have never dropped it and I keep it very safe.

Should I return for my fourth one or just deal with the dent in the speaker and the pink lighted bottom buttons? I'm almost embarrassed to go back in to my store and ask for another, but I paid the money, I feel I should get a droid that is 100%.

Thanks-

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
your second one was good. No idea why they said it was faulty.

As far as your 3rd one having pink buttons. It's probably the Zagg Shields orange peel effect making the color look pinkish.

Keep the device just remove the Zagg and if you want a screen protector use Ghost Armor. They are one of the best body kits out there with no orange peel effect.

tktouch12

Reaction score
haha, pink is weird
well if it matters to you, yes. dont be embarrassed, they dont care, and you paid a lot, get a good one (just hope the new one doesnt have problems)

texasPI

Reaction score
Yeah, ditto CK on the second one. It's not supposed to switch to landscape when slider is closed. Home++ lets you set it so it does and maybe other home replacement apps too but not stock one.

If it were me, I'd take it back and ask for another and a new one at that. I'm pushy that way...YMMV

OP
Liderc

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I assure you the 2nd one was broken. The orientation sensor was stuck and would not switch to landscape and back to normal. I know this because my first one had no problem doing it, nor does my 3rd one, but the 2nd one did.

How about the dinged up speaker on the back? I just bought it today, so hopefully they'll believe it wasn't me.

I've used the zagg shield on all my droids so far, so it's not the shield making the buttons pink.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Anyone who goes over 3+ phones is cursed. Start digging an underground bunker and await final judgment.

Spectral

Reaction score
I would say it is up to you whether or not you return the device again. You can see if those are valid reasons for them to get you a different phone. Keep in mind after a certain amount of exchanged phones Verzion usually sends out a completely new phone instead of a replacement device.

samiusmc

Reaction score
Speaker dent

I have the same issue with the speaker on my Droid. It has a dent in it.

jev

Reaction score
My bottom keys are pinkish too, but in the grand scheme of things I don't see that as a really big deal.

OP
Liderc

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haven't decided what to do, as I said before I feel embarrassed to bring back another Droid. I love the phone and I honestly feel I've just had bad luck. I build computers for a hobby and I know that electronics all have their problems, some will come broken, some will break in a day or a month, it happens and I have no ill will towards the Droid manufacturers, I just don't feel 100% satisfied and it leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth about it. I'm a little OCD, so these little quirks bother me more than others I would imagine.