omg Tunes Remote omg

carbine

Reaction score
Wow... That's all I have to say about this application. A bit tricky to get all set up but its an amazing tool once its all ready.

Control iTunes with your Droid! For those having problems, try opening port 3689 (TCP & UDP)

robboxedit

Reaction score
I was stoked to find this app too and Im glad to hear that it works. I, however, havent been able to get it up and running. Im on a mac running 10.5.8, any thoughts on how to get it hooked up? Droid just keeps saying its searching network for libraries. My itunes shares great on my home network. Not sure how to open port 3689 on my mac...makes me sad :-(

robboxedit

Reaction score
omg omg omg, nevermind, finally got it up and going!!!!!! love it!!!

Only question I have is that I have access to "Artists", "Shuffle" and "Repeat Single" but the "Playlist" optin is greyed out. Are u seeing the same thing?

Last edited:

[email protected]

Reaction score
same issue

I am having a problem that I hope someone can fix. I can browse through my library using tunes remote, but if I leave the house, and then sign back on, i have to manually renter my IP address and then go back to my computer to reenter the password in Itunes.

Is anyone else having this issue? I am hoping to be able to come home from work, open Tunes Remote, and start browsing through my music.

Thanks

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
chart

TunesRemote v1.2 Application for Android | Multimedia

FireDroid

Reaction score
can you play music from the library? Also do you have to be in the area of your computer?

OP
carbine

carbine

Reaction score
can you play music from the library? Also do you have to be in the area of your computer?

You have to be on the same network as your computer with iTunes. I also have the playlist greyed out. Not sure why. As long as I remember to turn Wifi on I have no problems reconnecting as soon as I open the app.

sticks

Reaction score
This is the last app for the Moto Droid I've been waiting for so that I can ditch the iTouch. If only the Playlist function worked (mine's grayed out also). I use the Remote app when I practice and want the music to go through the PA (I'm a drummer), so I NEED the playlist function.