OMG...my razr got dropped in water...now noting....sigh

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
just let it sit for a couple days. I've heard of phones coming back to life after sitting. You can seal it in a bag of dry rice as well but letting it sit will do just the same. Sorry to hear this, it's a drag. Hopefully it will come back alive.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Take it back to the store , it has a Moses technology malfunction . It should've repel the water .

RobClay18838

Reaction score
Take it back to the store , it has a Moses technology malfunction . It should've repel the water .

Ye, I could've swore it was claimed to have that coating. Dropped my og face first in a puddle last night, acted funny at first, then 15 mins later worked perfectly fine;)

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

wcjeep

Reaction score
Submerge in rice/desicant. do not turn on for awhile. Hope.

Laureanne

Reaction score
Anything can be done?
I accidently dropped my blackberry into my glass a few years ago. You have to get the battery out immediately. leave the back off the phone and put the phone in a bag of uncooked rice. The rice will absorb the water from the phone. Cover the phone and let it sit in the bag for at least 48 hours. I left my phone in the bag for two days and was able to get it to work again. I hope this works for you.
Laure

wyld

Reaction score
Dropped my Droid x in the toilet last week. Took the battery out let it sit for a few days. In the mean time I used my upgrade to get the Razr. I drive for fedex couldn't be without a phone! My Droid x comes back on now everything on works fine except the camera is gone to hell now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Dropped my Droid x in the toilet last week. Took the battery out let it sit for a few days. In the mean time I used my upgrade to get the Razr. I drive for fedex couldn't be without a phone! My Droid x comes back on now everything on works fine except the camera is gone to hell now.

Hopefully nothing was in the toilet :blink:

wyld

Reaction score
Nope just water. Lol

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Well you can forget the"take the battery out" step... Which honestly is the most important step.. sorry to hear that man...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah that is a problem with not being able to take the battery out, you put back in the chance of something getting an electrical current and frying the phone.