Omg my battery

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now I don't know if this is a fluke or not... but after 3 hours and counting I'm still at 90%... maybe this means nothing but, my battery has never done this before... and yes i have been using it the normally.. well normal usage. Please dont b a bug...dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now I don't know if this is a fluke or not... but after 3 hours and counting I'm still at 90%... maybe this means nothing but, my battery has never done this before... and yes i have been using it the normally.. well normal usage. Please dont b a bug...dancedroid

And the point of this thread is.......?;)

What brings this up? Are you complaining or not complaining? 3 hours off the charger and 90% is wonderful.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Don't get too excited. Battery monitoring software is notoriously unreliable in both directions.

mtpktz.

Reaction score
My battery life absolutely sucks! I barely use the phone and if I'm lucky I get through about half the day and I have 30-40% left. I use juicedefender which seemed to help a bit when I first started using it, but not so much since. Anybody have any ideas?

OP
S

StepDroid

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score

Don't get too excited. Battery monitoring software is notoriously unreliable in both directions.

Right on que... the son of a b$#%^ was a bug... 3hr 15mins @ 90% within 40 mins I was down to 20% what a jip... of course there was no reason to think that my battery got better...lol.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Right on que... the son of a b$#%^ was a bug... 3hr 15mins @ 90% within 40 mins I was down to 20% what a jip... of course there was no reason to think that my battery got better...lol.

You kind of got my hopes up, but I think it's about the same battery wise too.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol sad day.. There is a lot you can do to improve battery life though... Little things like making sure your gps and wifi are off when not in use and lengthening the update intervals for some apps, things like that. My battery life haas been really good since switching to froyo...

rda990

Reaction score
Are you rooted?if so what Rom?Overclocked? Post these up when you talk about battery life is a must lol

FootballRef

Reaction score
I have no problem getting through a normal day with my Droid. I can usually go about a day and a half until I must charge.

If I play golf on the weekends and use the GPS and/or MyTracks...then I do good to make it 8 hours without charging.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the last half hour I've installed an update to "battery left." My Droid immediately jumped from 49% left to 52% left. Then after installing five more updates it dropped immediately from 52% to 40%. Then after hooking it to the wall outlet charger, it jumped almost immediately from 40% to 51%.

In short, battery monitoring software is highly variable and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

() It tends to vary according to a particular battery. I have two and they differ significantly in their "draining profiles" though they last about equally.

() Battery use is not linear. The amount of "drain" from 100% to 90% can be vastly different than the drain from 60% to 50%, etc.

Battery use is HIGHLY dependent on the phone's use (not surprising) and not always on the use of apps you'd think would be using the battery.

() Installing/updating apps is a battery killer. I downloaded 35 apps for my wife's droid and completely drained her battery in two hours. Since then, she routinely gets more than 30 hours out of her battery.

() Synching can be a battery killer. If you check your email, facebook, and messages every 15 minutes you can kill your battery, especially if you are either (a) in a fringe area trying to use 3G or (b) have a weak wifi signal while using wifi.

() Updates to news and weather can kill a battery. I generally set my news apps never to update. When I want to find out what happened in the world, I open the app and get the latest news.

() As already noted, use of the GPS for any sort of navigation should be done only if you have an extra battery on hand. There is a reason that almost all GPS units are larger than the Droid. They have bigger batteries.

() Keep your screen turned off when you're not using the phone. Screebl does a great job substituting for an obsession with turning it off.

In general, investing in a second battery for less than $10 and a standalone battery charger for about $15 from amazon.com can eliminate most of these concerns. I get between 25 and 30 hours out of my battery and simply switch batteries every morning.