OMG I'm ready to throw this thing (uninstall and wallpaper)

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by Jeht, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Jeht

Jeht New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please tell me what the pink pony I'm doing wrong because I've tried about 4 different ways of uninstalling programs I don't want anymore (third party), but EVERY time I reboot, there they are back again. Every time I've uninstalled it has said it was successful.

Also, I can change my wallpaper to anything, but that also reverts to that city picture on reboot.

I'm certainly no newb to technology, but am new to Droid (BB certainly does some things REALLY right).

{edit}
    Even better for this mystery. I've formatted the SD card, I've factory reset through the interface and through the button press method, and formatted the SD card again. Guess what. STILL does it! I've even deleted apps through the Market, but they are always there after boot.
    {/edit}

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2011
  2. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    you cant delete any of the bloat apps that come on the stock phone, A for effort but the only way to get rid of them is, flash custom software or flash a rooted kernel and freeze them. i recommend the first, gone is usually better all around...

3. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which apps have you been uninstalling that end up re-appearing?

The wallpaper thing is very weird. It's almost as if the phone is auto-restoring to a prior backup saved state upon each reboot. Are there some special reboot options in Touchwiz I don't know about?

Brandon

4. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I would try a factory reset and see if that helps anything. You will have to re-install your apps but it should resolve the funky issue you are experiencing.....key word is should.

5. Jeht

Jeht New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know I can't delete the bloatware, but these are third party apps I installed afterwards. I have about 12 apps or so, all different developers. Things from Angry Birds, to soundboards, and apps specific for my job. All of them reappear after uninstall.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  6. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    i was going to suggest that lol, but i was going to tell you how to do it yourself in about ten minutes :)
    we have the technology lol

7. Jeht

Jeht New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They didn't do anything except order me a new phone to be mailed to me. Why mail it? I have a bad phone in my hand, you have a bunch of new phones in the back... this can be REAL simple.

But I told her what I did to try to resolve it and she said "well, you did everything we would've done." I asked if they could flash it, they said the only way the can is with the method on the phone.

Man, I miss the days when stores had techs who actually knew what they were doing.

Guess I'll read up on how to flash it all myself since all I can do right now is make calls, and send/rcv texts...but without any contacts info.

8. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    yea heres the worst thing, the phone they are sending you is a refurb.
    if you are in the 14 days demand a new one, if not, its refurb for all lol

9. Schoat333

Schoat333 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go to XDA, and read up on using odin to flash the phone. If your a techy person, its quite simple.

Then you can either flash the stock ee4, or choose a custom rom with root.

10. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    umm how about he read up here?
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-charge-hacks/157657-flashing-odin.html
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-charge-hacks/157625-return-stock.html

i havent gotten around to putting the EE4 on there yet but it doesnt matter, it will OTA to EE4 from either build in my post.

Search tags for this page

samsung charge apps reappear