OMG GigaByte has a smartphone and dual SIM to boot!!

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones Forum' started by grenefroggie, Dec 25, 2014.

1. grenefroggie

grenefroggie Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +464
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Nexus 5
    I am very familiar with GigaByte in the realm of PC components. They make everything from motherboards to graphics cards. They are usually high quality products, and while I am an Asus fanboy, I would not hesitate to recommend components made by them.

And the I stumbled upon this: Gigabyte GSmart Guru GX Dual SIM LTE Specs Technical Datasheet PDAdb.net.

It does not support LTE bands for North American carriers (to my knowledge at least AT&T and Verizon 700Mhz networks). But it does have a feature I am dying for in phones in America: Dual SIM support. The primary SIM slot supports LTE, while the second SIM slot supports 2G/3G/HSPA.

So far, this is almost as cool the Xbox One I got for Christmas!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    It appears they have several, who knew? ;)

3. grenefroggie

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +464
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Nexus 5
    It is cool, but now that I think of it, it isn't surprising. The overall smartphone market worldwide is significantly more diverse than what we have offered here in the US. Most phones like these need to be imported to the US. Due to how US carriers operate (to my knowledge, the US and Canada are one of a few countries that require significantly different phone models for each carrier) we only get a small view of devices available.

Here is where I say something you won't catch me saying often: Thank you AT&T and T-Mobile!! These two carriers are GSM versus CDMA. As such, they are required to accept all GSM compatible phones as long as the phone supports the proper frequencies. Obtaining one of these dual SIM phones for experimental purposes would be awesome!!

4. leeshor

leeshor Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,676
    In places like Japan, Hong Kong and South Korea the selection of phones is mind blowing. That's where some of the brand we see now got their start, like Huawei, (pronounce waway) and they are beginning to make some pretty solid devices that are making their way to the US.

• Like Like x 1
  5. grenefroggie

Staff Member

Ratings:
    +464
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Nexus 5
    Lenovo has a rather large phone market on that side of the world. Buying Motorola from Google will only bolster their hardware portfolio here in the US across the pond.

Search tags for this page

cellulari dual sim omg