OMAP3530 Vs Snapdragon: SURPRISE!!!

Reaction score
Sounds like you are butt hurt because your desire isn't as godly as you thought.

Hahaha butthurt? No, I love the thing, haven't had a single problem unlike the Milestone which was problems day after day. I just don't understand why you lot wont believe me.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Well Milestone = Droid on GSM. Seeing that almost everyone here that owns a Droid stock or rooted has nothing but praise for the device other than the times a bad app causes issues. The only thing I can think that would have caused some lag in the homescreen is the amount of them you had after the 2.1 update. The Droid remained at 3 whereas the Milestone received more.

Reaction score
Well Milestone = Droid on GSM. Seeing that almost everyone here that owns a Droid stock or rooted has nothing but praise for the device other than the times a bad app causes issues. The only thing I can think that would have caused some lag in the homescreen is the amount of them you had after the 2.1 update. The Droid remained at 3 whereas the Milestone received more.

I turned mine down to 3. It made no difference. If I had the screen blank it was fine, as soon as I added stuff for customization it struggled.

Darkseider

Reaction score

I turned mine down to 3. It made no difference. If I had the screen blank it was fine, as soon as I added stuff for customization it struggled.

OK. Now define "stuff for customization"

Reaction score

OK. Now define "stuff for customization"

Icons, a calendar, a weather widget. That is all. My Desire has the weather, icons, all sorts of stuff and it doesn't break a sweat.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Assuming stock weather widget, hell even beautiful widgets, it shouldn't have had any impact at all. I ran my Droid while on BB v.7 (ESE53) at 400 Mhz ALL DAY for 3 days just for giggles and other than atrocious web browsing it ran fine. I am assuming you did a factory reset a few times as well and was able to duplicate? If so then the only thing I can say is that the device itself was faulty.

Reaction score
Assuming stock weather widget, hell even beautiful widgets, it shouldn't have had any impact at all. I ran my Droid while on BB v.7 (ESE53) at 400 Mhz ALL DAY for 3 days just for giggles and other than atrocious web browsing it ran fine. I am assuming you did a factory reset a few times as well and was able to duplicate? If so then the only thing I can say is that the device itself was faulty.

Yes, tried all that. I did eventually get some better performance by making the clock speed go no lower than 550MHz. But it was still laggy.

If you look at my video review of web browsing you'll see that my Desire was uber smooth.

Caribqueen

Reaction score
Can someone help me I tried bluetoothing and I keep getting the message paired but not connected , can anyone shed some light on this problem

miamidroid

Reaction score

Yes, tried all that. I did eventually get some better performance by making the clock speed go no lower than 550MHz. But it was still laggy.

If you look at my video review of web browsing you'll see that my Desire was uber smooth.

For the difference in clock speed I would of thought you had something better to show me than a "smoother scroll".. I dont think anyone has complained about the speed of the droid at all. Browser on 2.0 was smooth as hell so I dont know what you are complaining about, even with multitouch now its smooth. For the ammount of time the droid has been out, im not impressed at all by these snap dragon fones. The desire is definately nothing to desire.

mcapozzi

Reaction score
Thanks for the information, I was on the fence between the HTC Incredible and the Motorola Droid. I play a lot of games and want a physical keyboard for things like the SNES emulator and I need better performance than my Sprint Hero.

So it sound like I'll be just fine with the Droid (which is a lot cheaper than the Increidble right now).

-Mike

4iedemon

Reaction score
You know its just ridiculous when one compares a non-SenseUI Android to another Android with SenseUI.

SenseUI is smooth regardless of the processor. I have even seen a Motorola Cliq running SenseUI (custom ROM) much smoother than its stock UI.

I am now using LauncherPro on Milestone and is running smoother than the stock UI.

So, maybe its better to compare it using benchmarking tools such as LinPack or Quadrant Standard.

My Milestone on 1Ghz runs better than NexusOne (non 2.2), Xperia X10 and HTC Incredible (based on the benchmark results). But if you notice Quadrant actually focuses more on 3d benchmarks hence explains why Milestone is faster than those 1GHz Snapdragon devices.

ClausG76

Reaction score
You know its just ridiculous when one compares a non-SenseUI Android to another Android with SenseUI.

SenseUI is smooth regardless of the processor. I have even seen a Motorola Cliq running SenseUI (custom ROM) much smoother than its stock UI.

I am now using LauncherPro on Milestone and is running smoother than the stock UI.

So, maybe its better to compare it using benchmarking tools such as LinPack or Quadrant Standard.

My Milestone on 1Ghz runs better than NexusOne (non 2.2), Xperia X10 and HTC Incredible (based on the benchmark results). But if you notice Quadrant actually focuses more on 3d benchmarks hence explains why Milestone is faster than those 1GHz Snapdragon devices.

Did you replace the stock launcher with Launcher Pro, or are you running both. Back when i was using my HTC Hero I had to completely remove Rosie/sense. Because it kept running in the background, even thoug i closed it down. If you still have the stock launcher on the Milestone, are you able to close it down.
I don't like to run two launchers at the same time, becuse they use a lot of ram, at least Rosie/Sense did.

4iedemon

Reaction score
HTC Sense have so many additional widgets/screens that require constant updating. I understand why you wanted to remove it. However, the launcher on Milestone is just the basic launcher. If you don't have any widgets on it, then you will not have any significant resource hogging activities in the background.

So, yes, the benchmark result I reported above was done on my Milestone on 1GHz with LauncherPro as additional launcher (not replacement). The original launcher was still running in the background. I even have the Seeds of Life Live Wallpaper running as well.