Old rom do not use (update available)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jun 15, 2010.

1. creamers

creamers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah Mac Osx Terminal, Localy on the Droid just replace "adb shell" with "su" and on windows add your cd path "cd C:\android-sdk\tools" or wherever it is.

2. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Some of you guys are being cool about the whole hotkeys-for-reboot-shutdown features. But others are just plain rude. This is a guy has obviously put a lot of effort into this and still is.

Anyway I'm all for the hotkeys for shutting down, it has not bothered me yet, but it is OBVIOUSLY a huge deal with everyone else and I can see why. The half-way camera button is the easiest button to push on the droid, and it isn't too hard to accidentally press any volume key while trying to target that top button if you are putting it in your pocket while turning the screen off.

There are not too many key combinations but the time delay I heard earlier was a good suggestion, like 3 seconds, or even just a confirmation popup.

On another subject:

When I installed the non Rom Manager version of BB Froyo I had no problem, and updated with ROM manager when available. I explained in an earlier post that ROM Manager was advertising an updated 0.2 version but still reinstalling the 0.1 version that I had already downloaded. Well I didn't see if that got fixed but I downloaded it from here and couldn't get any of P3's kernals to work that I downloaded from his site. But I downloaded some from a forum that I thought were the same files and they work.

I managed to get past the Moto logo by using Kernal "2.6.32.90P3Droidpierce@MyDroidWorld #12"

Those of you that don't get lucky the first time like me usually, you have to keep retrying other kernals, or as other people suggest to wipe multiple times but I don't do that. Just don't get discouraged and blame the ROM, because every Droid runs better off different kernals and ROMs.

I have not been given a good reason on why to wipe several times, ROM Manager installs all the roms with one wipe, so when I do it manually why should I do it seven times?

#650 PetRiLJoe, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  3. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    The hot key boot to recovery is a great idea, I've used it a few times already in lieu of a battery pull.

Don't really see the point of the re-boot and shutdown keys because the power button does that well enough, and once your stable who reboots much, anyway? Although, I can see the merits to the reboot as it takes a bit of time to get cranked up now.

4. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +93
    +1 a lot of hard work went into this ROM and is still being put into it, Pete is always on the cutting edge of what's new for Android, Moto and HTC. If all you want to do is complain mabye you should not use Pete's ROM and go develop your own without hotkey shutdown features

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

5. cuzzinz

cuzzinz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Moved to new thread!

#653 cuzzinz, Jun 17, 2010
  6. cuzzinz

cuzzinz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Duplicate post

#654 cuzzinz, Jun 17, 2010
  7. ASN-121

ASN-121 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In Pete's changelog:
    *TO REMOVE THESE OPTIONS DELETE /system/bin/shutdown*
    -Added Reboot Recovery option (hold power & vol up button)
    -Added Reboot option (hold power & vol down button)
    -Added Shutdown option (hold power & half pressed camera button)

Delete the file and problem solved...

8. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have yet to accidentally reboot my phone using the new shortcuts. I have large hands and am constantly taking it in and out of it's case and my pocket. Are other people's power and volume buttons a whole lot easier to push or something?

9. creamers

creamers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @PetRiLJoeYour right people are flat out complaing about it. Just disable it if you dont like it. Also i do like the conformation popup idea. Or even just hold down the Power Key and select from there.

10. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree to adding reboot and reboot-recovery to the power menu - it's a great idea, and should be provided in Android OS under the normal settings like USB Debugging.

It's easier said than done. Source for Froyo isn't released, yet, so you can't very well modify that part of the software without source.

I usually use ROM Manager to issue a reboot. Easier than dealing with holding down the X key.

11. creamers

creamers Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I see what you mean about adding it to the Power Off menu.

Though Personally I just use quickboot to reboot or go into recovery

12. GryphonD

GryphonD Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For some reason, getting allot of Market FC after boot. Also getting a heck of allot of boot Looping while on charger, either wall, car or pc.....