Old rom do not use (update available)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jun 15, 2010.

1. bhughesiii

bhughesiii Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure, but I noticed usually it is late.

2. JKChad

JKChad New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought i was having a reboot/shut down issue till I realized it was how I was holding the phone. I tend to hold with my left hand. I relax my index finger on the power button and my middle and ring finger fall between the vol. down and camera button. I kept hit shut down, pwr/camera half press and or the pwr/vol. down.. lol.. It's hasn't done it a single time since I was aware of my user error.. I was startin to get pissed too.. lol

-Chad-

3. bal81

bal81 Member

Ratings:
    +0

i found that i was doing the same exact thing.....wish there was a way to turn that feature off

4. subsynth

subsynth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had some very strange behavior today. First I was sending a few texts through Google Voice that the receipient never got. I tested sending a txt to my verizon number via google voice and it didn't show up either.

I was changing my shoes and I heard my phone make an alert, I pulled it out of my pocket and it had powered off with the red Battery exhausted light on.

I plugged it into my charger for a few minutes to see what was going on. The battery still said it was under 20%. I turned the phone off and left it in my car.

I came back two hours later and the phone had turned back on by itself. The battery said over 60% again (which is where it was when it suddenly shut down)

and the Google Voice Texts I had sent had finally gone through.

Could I have accidentally triggered one of the shutdown commands when it was in my pocket? The thing is I heard the battery low alert in my pocket, I just didn't recognize that's what it was... That makes me think I didn't trigger one of those commands. It just seems like the battery drained down to 0 from 60-70% almost instantly.

I only charged it for a few minutes and then turned it off. It wasn't plugged into the charger, but when I got back like I said before, it had turned back on and was reporting the battery life correctly again.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Stock kernel BB v.02

5. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    ROM Manager says v0.2 is what I am downloading, however I do not download anything new, it uses my old 0.1 file to reinstall the ROM.

Is this my own issue or a ROM Manager issue?

6. sixsicsix

sixsicsix New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    -Hidden Shutdown Options using keys (credit to Pete):
    *Shutdown: hold power & half pressed camera button
    *Reboot: hold power & volume down button
    *Reboot Recovery: hold power & volume up button

This appears to be the problem! :(

7. quadjacks

quadjacks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    CLEVER.... I wonder if it was intentional by Peter or part of Froyo to begin with?

8. jasondeg

jasondeg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe you only need to download files for the switch scripts. All other scripts should work without downloading anything. just go into Terminal Emulator. type su then hit enter

then type the script (for example: to removed corporate calender type "rmcorpcal" then hit enter)

it's pretty simple

9. nyijedi

nyijedi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh man....I just hit the power and volume button yet again when turning on my phone. Pete, please, please, please give us the option to turn this off!

10. robjective

robjective New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did a triple wipe of boot, system, data, and cache before installing .01 and one of the Froyo kernels I ended up having problems with wireless and some other stuff that was probably due to a Titanium Backup restore.

I triple wiped again, left the stock kernel, and everything worked fine for me.

I updated .02 on top of the working .01 and have been running that for 25 hours and 35 minutes now (Uptime = 25:35:11) and I haven't had any problems. Wifi is working and everything else I've tried it working, too.

I saw posts about problems, so I just wanted to say that everything is working great for me so far.

#622 robjective, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  11. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    seeing they are listed as features in peters post..i'm guessing he put em in there.

12. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why aren't people just waiting until Pete releases an update tonight? 63 GD pages?