Old rom do not use (update available)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by peteralfonso, Jun 9, 2010.

1. validoption

validoption Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try a low voltage in place of the ultra-low voltage. Some users are reporting phenomenal performance, others not so much. Our phones all have their idiosyncrasies.

2. Cleskers

Cleskers Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using Chevy's 1.2 ULV kernel and very happy with it. BB v 0.1 and BE theme. Temps were over 100 before I installed and now hover around 96 degrees. This was taken while at 1.1 last night.

3. nyijedi

nyijedi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mind if I ask what this file is/does?

4. Psychlone

Psychlone Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been running this ROM for 2 days now, and I've got to say that I'm really impressed!

I do have 2 issues though:

1) Wifi seems to be working, as I can see my router, but it won't connect no matter what I try
    2) SetCPU refuses to allow any adjustments, saying that my phone isn't rooted

I've skimmed over quite a few pages in this thread, but didn't see anything like my 2 little problems.
    Other than those two minor things, this ROM is the best Froyo build I've tried yet!!!

Psychlone

5. gszeman

gszeman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1) Maybe try a different kernel...I know a lot of people have had this issue, fortunately mine works, so I haven't paid much attention to those threads.

2) You probably need to reset the "allow root access" permissions. Look for it in Superuser, you should be able to change it there. If not, uninstall and then re-install it, when you open it up, it will ask for root access. Make sure remember is checked and click allow.

Hope this helps.

6. gatewayad

gatewayad Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1 - Seems to be a 2.2 issue with all roms ( I have tried all of them) at all speeds for some people, I am one also that cant get wifi to hold anywhere. As far as i know there is not a fix yet. I right now dont see a big problem since 3g is so fast but would love to have the wifi work as the short times it is working its really fast.

2 - I would try uninstalling setcpu going into SU remove the permission and then reinstall setcpu make sure and select autoselect

7. schammy

schammy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I decided to call it quits on this ROM. It works *pretty* well, but there are just too many minor bugs, and 3 of the 6 widgets that I use and love don't work on it (quick battery, smooth calendar, and moto torch). I've also had intermittent issues with wifi. Sometimes it works for a while, but usually it stops working within 5 minutes of use. Google Listen also has serious problems downloading podcasts, which is something I do quite a bit. To name just a few things.

Overall I'm glad I checked it out, FroYo is insanely fast and all the little interface tweaks go a long way. But I'm just going to wait until FroYo is officially released for the Droid so all the drivers and all that crap work perfectly, and Pete can work his magic on top of that. It's going to be hard to wait, but I just need a bit more rock solid reliability :). I'll be chillin with BB 1.1 in the meantime.

#1171 schammy, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  8. Coondog64

Coondog64 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A quick question on installing new kernels. Do i simply download is (manually or using rom manager) and then do the rename to update.zip method and boot into recovery to apply the new kernel.

Also in rom manager if i go under cyanogen roms, will those kernels such as bekit work with BB Froyo V0.1? Thanks.

9. Cleskers

Cleskers Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: [ROM] Bugless Beast V0.1 FRF57 (FROYO) RC

My CPU set did the same thing. I went into SU permission and had to allow root to CPU. Fixed the problem for me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. peterpressure

peterpressure Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Everything works, way better than the Froyo Rom in the general discussions thread, way better than BBv1.1! Best ROM SO FAR for me!!!

11. dbz443

dbz443 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you read what it says in rom manager right next tp bekit it says for cyanogenmod only, next to p3 kernels it says for any rom. So the p3 kerenls will work. If you are using rom manager there is no need to rename or move to root it will install it automaticaly. Or you can flash clockwork recovery and install it from your sd cars also without moving or renaming it.

12. RobStemen

RobStemen Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For all people with concerns about the whole "No silent" thing, just download Beautiful Widgets. The free or the paid one will do, though the paid one is totally worth what you pay. Both come with a "Silence" widget that if you click it, it does silence it, vibrate off.

Search tags for this page

bugless beast for droid 1 11mhz

droidlifefroyo bs 20100608 0521 zip

old weather channel app

www.droidforums.net/forum/ bugless/50333-rom-bugless-beast-