old pics not going away!!! help

qman66

Reaction score
i have taken screen captures of what has happened in the gallery. i erased a whole bunch of pictures when the phone was connected thru usb on computer and they arent going away from gallery instead leaving these gray boxes. the delete button has been greyed out

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Use a file manager to check the sd card to see if there's any trace of the files and if not then just reboot the phone to see if that forces a refresh of the gallery and gets rid of the thumbnails.

tappin and a talkin

xliderider

Reaction score
If a reboot doesn't clear them, you might have to go into Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, and select the All Applications tab. Look for Gallery, Media Content, and Media Container Services, then clear Data and Cache if anything in there for all. Ignore any warnings that data and information will be lost.

Reboot your device and wait for the sd card to remount and your Gallery should be fixed. It can take a while to reindex your Gallery pics if there's a lot of stuff on your card.

Last edited:
OP
qman66

qman66

Reaction score
If a reboot doesn't clear them, you might have to go into Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, and select the All Applications tab. Look for Gallery, Media Content, and Media Container Services, then clear Data and Cache if anything in there for all. Ignore any warnings that data and information will be lost.

Reboot your device and wait for the sd card to remount and your Gallery should be fixed. It can take a while to reindex your Gallery pics if there's a lot of stuff on your card.

i cleared data on media storage and it worked! thanks u r the man

xliderider

Reaction score
i have taken screen captures of what has happened in the gallery. i erased a whole bunch of pictures when the phone was connected thru usb on computer and they arent going away from gallery instead leaving these gray boxes. the delete button has been greyed out

In the future, make sure you disable USB mass storage mode and mount the sd card by putting it in Charge Only Mode before disconnecting from the computer.