1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Old person alert!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by beckx020, Mar 30, 2010.

1. beckx020

beckx020 New Member

Hello everyone! I'm old and I got a droid today. I've managed to just be stuck most of the time, but I have downloaded 2 apps and found them on the phone.:icon_ banana:

Anyway, since I've only used stupid phones so far in my life, please be gentle in responding to my zillion questions I have. Sometimes I have trouble following instructions, like when the phone said to press the android. Took me a LONG time to get it.

My biggest question is, how come it says droid all the time? Is that like the error beep? Or you've made me nuts beep?
  2. ldimick

ldimick New Member

It's a notification tone. Irritating isn't it? Go to SETTINGS, SOUNDS & NOTIFICATION, NOTIFICATION RINGTONE and change it to something you like. I prefer Plastic Pipe as it is less annoying.
  3. mrdroid

mrdroid New Member

DRRROOOOIIIIIIIIIIID

I know it's annoying isn't it? That's the default notification. So whenever you get an e-mail, text, picture/video message, or if something like mounting/unmounting the SD card happens you'll get the notification sound. You can change it by hitting the menu button. It's the one on the bottom with 3 short lines and 1 long line :)
    Then choose settings, then sound & display. Then choose notification ringtone. You can change it from Droid there.

Welcome!

Edit: ldimick beat me to it!