old news for some but new news to me (full screen mod)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did not realize they came up with a full screen mod. Nice I am still playing with it but its cool some one came up with an app.

【DoubleX】make yourGN fullscreen apk!! - xda-developers

[DEV] LMT Launcher v1.0 for Evo3D/Sensation/HD2/GSII/GSN and more... (ROOT) - xda-developers (thank galaxy nexu forum bkdoger for telling about this app)

Those who have not tried and would like to do so I strongly recommend you set up your lmt pie first and make sure you set it to also intiate on start up. I forgot to do the latter after i did my full screen mod and the only way to my app drawer was for me to reboot so i could get the home screen. Any way those who been rocking this awhile are you still rocking it and if not what you run into that made you go back to the other way.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I've been using this mod for quite some time. AOKP based ROMs have the option to enable and disable the soft keys on the fly in the power menu. LMT is a great app, I love it even over physical keys because my thumbs end up near the edge of the screen more naturally anyways. Not to mention, you get the whole screen to your disposal.

The only issue I have run into is that the LMT pie buttons used to stop responding and I'd have to reinstall it to get it working again. I haven't had that problem in quite some time though.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been using this mod for quite some time. AOKP based ROMs have the option to enable and disable the soft keys on the fly in the power menu. LMT is a great app, I love it even over physical keys because my thumbs end up near the edge of the screen more naturally anyways. Not to mention, you get the whole screen to your disposal.

The only issue I have run into is that the LMT pie buttons used to stop responding and I'd have to reinstall it to get it working again. I haven't had that problem in quite some time though.

Thanks for the input did not know that about aokp.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
his is a video. Its basically they way it looks in the video minus the buttons he use. The lmt buttons are the nav buttons. hopefully they dont crash on me.

[video=youtube;Tr1MrFb016U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr1MrFb016U[/video]

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
here is lmt pie + gestures but i diasbled gestures

[video=youtube;GJM0EqrZ7-w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJM0EqrZ7-w[/video]

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I also have gestures disabled. I haven't really found much of a proper or practical use for them just yet. Launching some apps maybe, but now that the pie has a 2nd tier, I can just use that. I honestly think that something like this should be how the Nav buttons are integrated stock. Leaving the full screen and a much easier-to-access option for the nav buttons.

Also, if using AOKP, there are nav buttons in the power menu for when you disable them, in case your 3rd party nav buttons do crash! :D

spoooon

Reaction score
I like it,super hard to get used to though. Maybe after a few days itll be more natural.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
It got way natural for me. Now whenever I install a new ROM, before I reinstall LMT and the soft keys are still enabled, I touch the side of the screen when I want to navigate. Ha ha ha.