Status
Not open for further replies.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Edit: Didn't see buckmarble's post

There are a few things you need to do to remove Droid3CWBootstrap. PM me and I'll get you the info. Working on writing up a procedure now.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Folks don't forget to mark this ROM as installed and nominate for DOTM :)

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've had a couple requests for swype. Ill make an add on flashable zip.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Or just sign up/download/install the beta. IMO its much nicer. :biggrin:

azazs00

Reaction score
it is a nice rom, thanx. But how to change the fonts? I replaced the DrondSans.ttf and the reboot, but it doesn't work.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
it is a nice rom, thanx. But how to change the fonts? I replaced the DrondSans.ttf and the reboot, but it doesn't work.

There are about 10 files in there IIRC, and you have to replace them all one for one with the files in the font.zip file you are using.

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys developer of this ROM here and just wanted to let you know I will be checking all of our posts now and trying to help out so buckmarble doesn't have to handle it all himself :p

In regards to an OTA, if that were to happen you would need to sbf to stock and then take the update. By then I hope Maverick would be updated to run with the new OTA.

As far as safestrap goes please head guidot's recommendation. Safestrap is far superior to bootstrap and it IS the future of these locked bootloader systems. Do your research and learn how to use it, it will save you a ton of hassle and headaches, trust me :)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys developer of this ROM here and just wanted to let you know I will be checking all of our posts now and trying to help out so buckmarble doesn't have to handle it all himself :p

In regards to an OTA, if that were to happen you would need to sbf to stock and then take the update. By then I hope Maverick would be updated to run with the new OTA.

As far as safestrap goes please head guidot's recommendation. Safestrap is far superior to bootstrap and it IS the future of these locked bootloader systems. Do your research and learn how to use it, it will save you a ton of hassle and headaches, trust me :)

Thanks! I'll be doing a full writeup tonight!

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll be doing a full writeup tonight!

Thanks in advance! We appreciate your support!

matthskim

Reaction score
If I flash Maverick using Safestrap in our stock rom and if an OTA comes through, would I be protected from losing root from the OTA because Maverick has the permaroot? Or not because it protects the safe rom only, not the non-safe stock.

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If I flash Maverick using Safestrap in our stock rom and if an OTA comes through, would I be protected from losing root from the OTA because Maverick has the permaroot? Or not because it protects the safe rom only, not the non-safe stock.

As a general rule NEVER accept an OTA from a ROM other than stock. As a matter of fact you prolly won't be able to take it anyway due to the fact that your system folder will not be stock, and if the OTA would actually allow you to install it for some reason your phone would be borked and you would have to fastboot or sbf anyway. So best way to avoid any of that is to sbf back to stock if/when an OTA becomes available. Then update your phone and install whatever ROM you want after that.

matthskim

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying this topic and it makes a perfect sense to me.

Then, this defeats the purpose of Hashcodes keeping the non-safe/stock rom on the side in case of an OTA coming through and having the safe rom.

I am just trying understand the overall scheme of things.

Thanks again for all your efforts and valuable information.

Prsterero

Reaction score
What is it in roms that increase battery life? The only thing I know of in build.prop is changing the wifi scan interval other than that I haven't found anything. I've always been curious as to how some roms r optimized for battery life/speed/stability. Anyone willing to shed some light on this for me :) I'm always looking to expand my knowledge on things like this especially since I'm going into software engineering

azazs00

Reaction score
If I start in version 5.7.894, could I keep the new baseband version ?

And another question, What does the optional battery look like ?

Thanx. Look forward to your next version.

Status
Not open for further replies.