Old DROIDX still kinda works....already got a new phone. WHAT TO DO WITH IT?

Reaction score
So I've discovered that while my old DROID x can't charge the battery or recognize it for that matter, everything else still works ...for that matter I haven't even tried a third party non motor batt. widget to see if it will read the battery...anyways! I'm starting this thread as a way to reuse old DROID Smartphones! Common uses of course are : music player, hand-held gaming, video player, gps
Throw in some suggestions guys! :D

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
you listed all the good reasons lol

there's also been plenty of these threads

JeffDenver

Reaction score
So I've discovered that while my old DROID x can't charge the battery or recognize it for that matter, everything else still works ...for that matter I haven't even tried a third party non motor batt. widget to see if it will read the battery...anyways! I'm starting this thread as a way to reuse old DROID Smartphones! Common uses of course are : music player, hand-held gaming, video player, gps
Throw in some suggestions guys! :D
I just store mine as a backup in case my real phone needs to be repaired or replaced.

People still buy Droid 1s on Craigslist, but it is worth more to me as a backup than what I could get for it by selling it.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
^ ditto. Also, my wife is gonna use it to play word feud on wifi at home and on trips. She refuses to navigate away from her dumb phone for calls and texting.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I had considered using it like a spare tablet or whatever but:

1) My Rezound already does everything it did, and better.

2) I dont want to give it to my nephews because they might break it, and then I will be without a spare phone.

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Ya I'm still a little nervous about letting her use as she can be like your nephews. I'm gonna put a screen protector on it, which I haven't used since I've owned it.