Old Droid - what to do?

tkstock

Reaction score
So, I dropped my Droid last week. The phone still works (rings when called, notification sounds still play). The screen does not work - the backlight comes on, but nothing comes on the screen.

I was only a week away from my new-every-two, so I got the Droid X (which I love). dancedroid

The question is, is there any inherent value to my old Droid? I'll probably keep the 16GB Micro SD card (worth ~$25). I don't know if the battery has any value - still works good, and was keeping my Droid running well over a day on a charge. Is there a market for the parts?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Be honest with the damages and put it on ebay - it will definitely sell...you might even get fifty bucks for it

maxnicks

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought a broken droid 1 on ebay for $40.00. Had a good battery in it, the screens good. I bought it cause I figured it'd be handy to have if my droid with tu. I'm sure somebody will buy it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't remember the name of the company but there is someplace out there that will buy the phone from you. You may want to google "Buys Droids" and see if you can find it. I hear they pay pretty decently.

OP
tkstock

tkstock

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I sold my Samsung Omnia to Gazelle when I got my D1. Maybe I'll see what will happen on ebay.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

firehousejames

Reaction score
But I've never actually used them because I love my D1 so much!

I agree, unless it has a meltdown, I have been very pleased with my D1. New ones come out everyday but it will have to be a significant improvement to move away from the D1