Old D1-MIUI-0.12.24.0

Discussion in 'Team D1-MIUI' started by jamezelle, Dec 25, 2010.

1. r8rfan1010

r8rfan1010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Jamezelle,

I hope this doesn't make me sound like too much of a noobie but can you give me a step-by-step on how and where to do the command you mentioned for the MMS-Video issue? I have captured a short video of my laptop and used it as my test/guinea pig to see if .24 had fixed it so I have that small video on my SD card to use. btw....the small video I am speaking of works on other ROMs and plays fine.

2. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Another thing I've experienced is home screen scrolling issue. I would scroll to the left and swipe my finger across the screen, but the screen with scroll to the right instead. Anyone else have this happen?

Also have a suggestion/request

1. Is it possible on a future build to have folders auto close after an app is selected and launched
    2. Option for static wallpaper

Thanks

3. megawatz

megawatz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    is this ROM still in "beta"? It always seems that way but never gets thought up of as a beta. Every time i update to a newer version of the ROM their is always something wrong, whether it be new or old. So here's the issues I'm having with 12.24.0:

1. Restarts. Getting about 2-3 per day. Yes, I've wiped clean, cleared DATA, CACHE, everything, even my SDcard because MIUI called it "damaged"
    2. Music Lock Screen. Yes, it's a killer feature, and I LOVE IT! However, it's very clumsy when it comes to skipping to another song. I believe it's because of the equalizer thing on top (I can't think of the proper word for it, got a headache :/ )
    3. Answering calls. Same as the music, it's really clumsy. I have to swipe it down more than once just to get it to answer the call.
    4. MIUI Music Player. I don't use it because I love DoubleTwist. When I unplug my phone from my car (using an AUX jack), sometimes MIUI Music will start up. Very annoying when it starts 2 minutes after you've left the car and in a semi-quiet public place. I have to have it 2 levels below full blast for it to properly output to my car stereo (I'm a bit of an audiophile)
    5. Recent Calls dialer still does not show phone numbers sometimes, and it's slow to get caught up. Speaking of, my phone loves to have the green call bar still up after a call has been made or when receiving a call. Doesn't happen all the time but still.

Other than that, no more FCs. Everything runs smoothly for the majority of the part (on a 1Ghz kernel). Im hoping we can get some more internal work than external work out of the ROM, I know we had a phase where graphic improvements and UI was improved, but internals were still buggy.

4. hoppermi

hoppermi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    chewy, Your finger might be hitting the slider just above the dock bar. I know this because I do it all the time also. Mine is invisible in the theme I currently have loaded but it still functions. So you swipe one way and end up going the other. FUN!

1. This would have to come from MIUI
    2. There is a MOD for EVO I think for this, maybe someone could port it for D1?

5. hoppermi

hoppermi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    download alogcat from market.
    open alogcat to start.
    go to MMS and try and play the video you recieved.
    go back to alogcat and copy the log.
    post it here or I believe miui-dev has a logcat github. Go to the freenode IRC #miui and ask where to post your logcat. Post and link to jamezelle attn:

6. r8rfan1010

r8rfan1010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay. here's my problem with that. I do not have MIUI installed on my Droid1 any longer since the video MMS was not working right. Can i send this short video to someone or can someone just re-create it by sending yourself a video mms?

7. bracemg

bracemg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My sincere apologies if this topic has been broached, but my quick search of the forums didn't uncover a thread.

Every time i try to download apps from the market, my phone crashes when the app attempts to install and when the phone reboots, the app is nowhere to be found.

Can anyone help with this? Again, apologies if this has been discussed.

8. illmatic636

illmatic636 Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    What version MIUI are you on? 12.24???? If so, make sure you flash 12.24.1 updated in the OP a couple of days ago. That should fix your issue. It would not hurt to Clear the data in market app through Managed applications.

9. Dj Carpenter

Dj Carpenter Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you don't use the MIUI music player then I would delete it. That way, that problem doesn't occur:)

Sent from a Droid to a Droid...forum

10. r8rfan1010

r8rfan1010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, me being the "Team Player" that I am, I went away from UD2.5 and installed MIUI onto my Droid 1. Here are the exact steps that I did to capture the data (log) as instructed with the previous thread posting.

1. Used SPRecovery
    2. Wipe data/factory reset - 3 TIMES
    3. Wipe cache partition - 3 TIMES
    4. Install D1-MIUI-0.12.24.0.zip (once that was finished and rebooted.....)
    5. Installed D1-MIUI-0.12.24.1.zip

6. Download alogcat from market.
    7. Open alogcat to start.
    8. Went to MMS and try and play the video that I had sent myself (this video plays in UD2.5)
    9. Went back to alogcat and copied the attached log file.

NOTE: I had to break the txt file into 4 pieces in order to upload due to file size restraint. Just open PART 1 with NOTEPAD and then copy the other 3 pieces to the end of PART1.

NOTE 2: I am restoring UD2.5 now until this is fixed. I hope that I have been able to help somewhat in correcting this issue.

THANK YOU.

11. xxnonamexx

xxnonamexx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Open the .txt files in WordPad to view.

12. jamezelle

jamezelle Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Well thank you for taking the time to do the logcat, however there really isnt much to go on. its not an error per say. but the mms app is reading the media as slideshow
    Code:
    I/ActivityManager( 1117): Displayed activity com.android.mms/.ui.SlideshowActivity: 1356 ms (total 1356 ms)
    Ill talk to some people with other devices running miui, see if they are having the same issue.

Search tags for this page
com.android.sidekick
cwm for tecno d1
how can tecno d1 phone can be flashed
louncher for tecno d1
sidekick apk

sidekick.apk

tecno d1 launcher
what is sidekick apk
what is sidekick.apk