Old D1-MIUI-0.12.24.0

paul7602

Reaction score
Thanks d1 this is the best gift i received today !! Its like christmas and a birthday all wrapped in one !!! You guys are at the top of the food chain !!

leonozug

Reaction score
Thanks so much to you guys!! This is one great Christmas present!! Probably the best one I'll get all day....lol!!

Booch_21

Reaction score
Question for the experts. I just installed an older version of this last evening. Got everything set the way I like it, folders, apps, everything. Did a TiBa of all data last night and did a full Nandroid backup this morning before wiping and installing this file. My question is it appears that the layout settings are backed up somewhere and *should* restore themselves automatically, or am I mistaken on that? If they do restore, how long is the process of getting it all done, or do I reinstall from TiBa? I want the phone to go through its motions, but want to blow away my nephew at dinner today too! he, he

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone!

iamasongnow

Reaction score
really solid work, man. and on christmas... while you're working? damn. that's dedication. thank you so much.

EDIT: does anyone know why i'm getting "compcache: permission denied" in terminal?
i installed a slayher kernel and the slayher compcache update.zip

Last edited:

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
one small issue is that on first boot, change the ringtone to anything from silent if you want to here calls come in. THATS IT! I HAVE NO FURTHER BUGS TO REPORT.

Most likely due to these values in the build.prop:

Code:
ro.config.notification_sound=Soft.mp3
ro.config.alarm_alert=Alarm_Classic.ogg
ro.config.ringtone=Rave.mp3

These ringtones only exist in my mod. Point them to existing files and it should work! Good job on 0.12.24.0 BTW!

hoppermi

Reaction score
Question for the experts. I just installed an older version of this last evening. Got everything set the way I like it, folders, apps, everything. Did a TiBa of all data last night and did a full Nandroid backup this morning before wiping and installing this file. My question is it appears that the layout settings are backed up somewhere and *should* restore themselves automatically, or am I mistaken on that? If they do restore, how long is the process of getting it all done, or do I reinstall from TiBa? I want the phone to go through its motions, but want to blow away my nephew at dinner today too! he, he

Thanks and Merry Christmas everyone!

If you restore launcher data from your Miui backup, your layout should return. Find launcher2.apk and restore only data. Should only take a few seconds. In the future use the miui backup app to save you apps and data between builds

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Booch_21

Reaction score
If you restore launcher data from your Miui backup, your layout should return. Find launcher2.apk and restore only data. Should only take a few seconds. In the future use the miui backup app to save you apps and data between builds.

Thanks for the info, will do!

welterbf123

Reaction score
You shouldn't have; but I'm glad you did! Thanks a million and Merry Christmas! :)

aamzalag

Reaction score
are other kernals working well with this version? i know on 12.18 they didnt run well at all. any input would be kindly appreciated :)

loveubuntu

Reaction score
First, I wanted to thank you for such a great ROM and all the hard work you guys put into this.

However, this release is a big disappointment, at least for me. I had 3 issues with 12.11 and2 of them still exist:

1- Yahoo web based mail cannot be setup with the native email app. If backup through tibu, you can see the email but FC if you try to reply. This is obviously a big issue (for me and others). I rememeber it existed when I first got the D1 but it was fixed by Motorola and Yahoo. SMPT seems to be the problem. There was a workaround for this issue on the NET last year but it was creating multiple copies in the sent folder through IMAP settings. The native email app works flawlessly on other ROMS (CM).

2- Protected apps still do not show up in the market (build.prop issue). I can't install my purchased apps (slingplayer). Cleared cache but still a no go.

It seems the effort was spent to add the new market but not fix current problems.

The direct dial shortcuts are now working though (menu>editing mode<menu again<add shortcut). Thanks. Downgrading to 12.3.2 to see how that one deals with these issues.