old CNN app?

vontar

Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to the old CNN app?

I got my Droid X last august and I either installed CNN or it came pre-installed then. I thought it was pre installed but since it is not on my wifes (purchased same day) I now believe I must have downloaded it.

Anyway recently I re flash my phone and was reinstalling software and I have installed all 3 CNN apps from the market and not one of them is like what I had. The I had was very simple, light and you could could go into different section very easy. It was not over bloated with images like the current versions.

Any one have a idea were I might be able to find the old CNN app, I would be happy if I could get the old one even if I had to side load it.

Sometimes new versions are not as good as the old ones.

I have searched and the closest I have found are other people looking for the old app as well.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I looked around a bit, not much, but I think I understand why it's hard to find.

Using the search CNN.apk, I see that the older CNN didn't come with flash. So while that might be something that would appeal to you, probably most people wouldn't feel that way.

If someone doesn't have it here, try the search on Google the way I have and good luck.

OP
V

vontar

Reaction score
That makes perfect sense about flash. I had it well before flash was available for our droids. I know after flash became available I was able to watch videos inside the CNN I had. I will try searching as you suggest.

THe lay out was much better in it at least in my opinion.

OP
V

vontar

Reaction score
This is kinda funny, I found one and side loaded it.
I got one that is older that when I was looking for. It is similar to what I was looking for and I will most likely keep it.

I would drop the link here but I am not sure if that is allowed or not.

Actually I have been with out it for about a month now, and you know how memory fades this may be the one I had and it just seems a little plain on the surface but it loads faster which is why I wanted it.

What is nice about it, it load a menu of topics and you can pick and choice which topic you want to go into with out all the bloat.

Last edited: