Old but still unsolved questions

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by nickelocene, Sep 30, 2010.

1. nickelocene

nickelocene Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having the following two questions since the first day I had my Droid. Tried to get the answer from several other forums without any success. So, I want to try my luck here.

1. After I turn off my phone, as soon as I plug in the charger, my Droid automatically powers up. I can't keep the phone off when charging. Is this intended (hardly believe it is)? Anything I can do to change it?

2. The notification ringtone always go through the phone speaker. Is there any way to make it go through BT headset, so I won't miss any notification while listening to the music?

Thanks,

2. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can answer one of them.

The Droid will NOT stay powered down while charging on AC and this is by design. The only way to keep your Droid off while charging is to charge it through a USB cable hooked up to a PC which will be SLOW AS HELL.

3. nickelocene

nickelocene Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, that was quick. Thanks very much. Even though I don't understand the reason why Moto designed it that way, it's a big relief from a question haunting me for almost a year.
    Thanks. :)

4. xkape

xkape Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Mine rings in the headset unless the music/sound can't be recognized by the headset. Then it rings on the headset with a standard doo-do-doo-do sound and plays the ringtone thru my phones speaker. For instance.. if I have contact X setup to play "Nightmare" by Avenged Sevenfold,,, it rings in my bluetooth headset.

Now, if I have contact A (my wife) calling me it will go doo-do-doo-do in the headset and "OMG it's your wife calling, do you understand" thru my phones speaker.

5. nickelocene

nickelocene Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice ringtone :)

I did try to use mp3 as ringtone and notification ringtone, but they still only play through the speaker. When someone calls, I hear beeps through my BT, but the tone plays by the speaker of the phone. When an email arrives, I got nothing in the headset.
    I'm using plantronic backbeat stereo BT. It definitely support mp3. I just wonder if it's the phone or the BT that decides where the ringtone is played.

6. Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer Active Member

Ratings:
    +74
    I always wondered why the Droid had to power on when charging. When I got my Droid 2, I expected the same thing, but it actually stays off and just shows a progress bar filling up the battery.

Search tags for this page

s4 ringtone through bluetooth headset