Old Bionic Vs New Specs

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea, but its hard to use a 4.3 inch phone one-handed for me (I can but its uncomfortable) and a 4.5 would just be worse. I guess for some people this will be a great phone, but not for me.
I understand Sir,hopefuly they will come out with a 4.3 that will fit ur needs.Have a Blessed Day!

I personally think it is going to be 4.3" Just it was being compared to the Defy which is around the same size as my Storm 1 give or take. The DX makes it look small. But if it is 4.5" I will still be happy!!! I am glad I waited for this phone instead of settling for the TB...
And i think u 4 given me some wisdom 2 wait cos if i wouldve bought something else i wouldve been like i should've waited.

Zetsumei

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that most of this is speculation because there hasn't been much confirmed by anyone outside of what images we see. But working off of tips and inside information its worth comparing what moto has done with its "improvements"

--------------Old Bionic---------- New Bionic----------------------Samsung Galaxy S2

CPU--------- Tegra 2 1.0 Dual--- TI OMAP 1.2 Dual--------------Qualcomm 1.2 Dual
Display-----4.3 540x960 qhd---- 4.5 qhd gorilla glass----------4.3 Super AMOLED 800x400
RAM------- 512MB DDR2--------- 1GB (presumably DDR2)------512MB (ddr2?)
O/S-------- @CES 2.2 ------------2.3.4 (GB)----------------------2.3.3
Internal ----16gb----------------- 16gb (rumored)----------------16gb internal
Camera(s) - 8mp and VGA------- Rear 8mp 1.3 or 2.0 FFC------Rear 8mp 2.0 FFC
Video------- 720p----------------- 1080p--------------------------1080p @30fps
Battery-----1930mAh-------------1750mAh-----------------------1650mAh
Again all of this is speculation but its nice to see the side by side for the mean time to see why we've all been waiting 6 months for a new phone.

Galaxy sII has 1GB of RAM. The screen on the new bionic is either 4.3 to 4.5, the processor is TIOMAP 1ghz only. The way things are the X2 pretty much has the old bionics hardware Targra 2 512 MB ddr2 w/ the 4.3 inch qHD, sans the LTE radio which a lot of people are giving nvidia flak about. Yes I did see that post about them defending, but moto switching to TIOMAP pretty much indicates that ;x.

Last edited:

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Let me preface this by saying that most of this is speculation because there hasn't been much confirmed by anyone outside of what images we see. But working off of tips and inside information its worth comparing what moto has done with its "improvements"

--------------Old Bionic---------- New Bionic----------------------Samsung Galaxy S2

CPU--------- Tegra 2 1.0 Dual--- TI OMAP 1.2 Dual--------------Qualcomm 1.2 Dual
Display-----4.3 540x960 qhd---- 4.5 qhd gorilla glass----------4.3 Super AMOLED 800x400
Again all of this is speculation but its nice to see the side by side for the mean time to see why we've all been waiting 6 months for a new phone.

Galaxy sII has 1GB of RAM. The screen on the new bionic is either 4.3 to 4.5, the processor is TIOMAP 1ghz only. The way things are the X2 pretty much has the old bionics hardware Targra 2 512 MB ddr2 w/ the 4.3 inch qHD, sans the LTE radio which a lot of people are giving nvidia flak about. Yes I did see that post about them defending, but moto switching to TIOMAP pretty much indicates that ;x.

The GS2 has 1GB of Ram....

Zetsumei

Reaction score

That's what I said, in fact it's the first thing I said.

x02ssmarox

Reaction score
I understand Sir,hopefuly they will come out with a 4.3 that will fit ur needs.Have a Blessed Day!

I personally think it is going to be 4.3" Just it was being compared to the Defy which is around the same size as my Storm 1 give or take. The DX makes it look small. But if it is 4.5" I will still be happy!!! I am glad I waited for this phone instead of settling for the TB...
And i think u 4 given me some wisdom 2 wait cos if i wouldve bought something else i wouldve been like i should've waited.

Do you use an old style T9 keypad or something? If not, please take advantage of your full keyboard that all android phones have. They are handy for things like, but not limited to: spelling, grammar, and punctuation. I know that many people have complained about this to you before.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

trailblazen

Reaction score
Youre a brave man for looking to put an otterbox over this monstrosity... Im contemplating buying larger pants so itll fit in my pocket

I have always rocked a Otterbox Defender for my Storm 2 so I usually carry on my hip. Will probably rock a defender for the Bionic if they make it. As I have said before, the military isn't too kind to my phones so I always have to case them.

Card

Reaction score
I also agree that 4.5" is right on the verge of being too big. Big HD screens mean a bigger power draw. It's cool having a big, bright screen. But it's still called a mobile phone. If a phone is too big and bulky to comfortably carry in my pocket and can't survive a day without a re-charge, then it defeats the purpose of having it in the first place.

Not trying to say that this is the case for the Bionic as I have never physically had the device in my hand, but I had a friend's Evo 4G for 2 days, and even that was pushing it as far as form factor goes.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Youre a brave man for looking to put an otterbox over this monstrosity... Im contemplating buying larger pants so itll fit in my pocket

I have always rocked a Otterbox Defender for my Storm 2 so I usually carry on my hip. Will probably rock a defender for the Bionic if they make it. As I have said before, the military isn't too kind to my phones so I always have to case them.

This is why I hope its released in july,cos my contract ends august 6,this way it will give otterbox a month to make a case for this Beast and also hopefully we'll have 4G-i know I'm asking a lot,but this is my HOPE!!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

That's what I said, in fact it's the first thing I said.

I am sorry I replied to the wrong post...:)

warped1987

Reaction score
As for the debate, some being for 4.3 and some being for 4.5, I feel like the 4.5 is overkill and slightly ruh-tarded. If your into games and apps and like that big screen, just go get a tablet. I'm not really a big fan of my D2G's 3.7 and was looking forward to the D3's 4.0, I don't think I would really like a 4.3, it's just too much (for me)

hijackerjack

Reaction score
GSII has an Exynos dual core CPU not a Qualcomm.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

OP
JerseyFirefighter
Reaction score
Adjusted. Couldnt find the greatest details of specs when I wrote the topic.. Thx for the updates. Id still like to see bionics spec sheet confirmed already.

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
As for the debate, some being for 4.3 and some being for 4.5, I feel like the 4.5 is overkill and slightly ruh-tarded. If your into games and apps and like that big screen, just go get a tablet. I'm not really a big fan of my D2G's 3.7 and was looking forward to the D3's 4.0, I don't think I would really like a 4.3, it's just too much (for me)

Well not all of us are 5'2" with little hands and pockets. I personally am 6'4" with big hands and pockets. I currently have the Droid Incredible and am very tired of the small screen and long for something to fit my hand.

ericdabbs

Reaction score

CPU--------- Tegra 2 1.0 Dual--- TI OMAP 1.2 Dual--------------Exynos 1.2 Dual
Display------4.3 540x960 qhd-- 4.3 or 4.5 qhd gorilla glass-----4.3 Super AMOLED 800x400
RAM------- 512MB DDR2--------- 1GB (presumably DDR2)------1GB

Where did you read that it was going to be a dual core 1.2Ghz TI chip. I thought it was going to be a dual core 1.0 Ghz TI chip. Also how do you know its going to be 1GB RAM? Not trying to be a dick but I just want to know where you got your information from.

I am pretty sure 1GB RAM will happen since you want more RAM when supporting gingerbread.

Last edited: