Okkaaay, i have an impossible issue!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So just in case you get busy and can not follow it there are the steps, if you have the time I can walk you through it all.

By the way I had to follow the similar steps to return my rooted droid to stock.

OP
B

Busteddroid

Reaction score
Yes you are correct im using the Droid 1 ( 2.2 ) I did not attemp to flash the phone yet, because i am still able to Send and recive txt msgs. And i was affraid flashing it and wiping it would leave me stuck at the " activation" screen and i wont be able to txt anymore. And my phone is important to me its my only means of communication where i currently am. Im tryint to find out if it IS a garuntee that A wipe will fix this problem, But before i do attempt the Wipe, im going to take my fone to a verizon store and see what the options on warrent replacement are. BUt if all fails then i will be wipeing the fone and tryin the methods you gave me. I apreecite the info i will be tryin this.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just did a second read through, are you rooted if not ignore all that I said

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are not rooted I apologize. You need to replace your device, I was trying to make sure you were stock so vzw did not expect you were rooted.

OP
B

Busteddroid

Reaction score
Wow Thanks for allthis usefull information. im goin to go check wit my local store to see about a warrenty if not i will be doin this today or tomaro.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Because a flash will not fix hardware issues. Sbf only fixes basic software glitches cause mainly by rooting. If you never rooted your device then a factory reset will fix stock software issues.