Okkaaay, i have an impossible issue!

OP
B

Busteddroid

Reaction score
One Question also, Where do i download the 2.1 SBF file? ( to get my phone back to stock ) Or is it included in the link u gave me? im in the process of doin this and in the guide it tells me to find the SBF file im tryin to flash my phone to. ( wich is the 2.1 )

"Step 7.) Assuming that you now can see your phone listed, click the "..." button to the right of the "Filename:" box. Find the SBF file you intend to flash on your hard drive."

So does this mean i have to download an 2.1 SBF file??

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yes, you have to download it. I'm unsure where to get a Droid 2 SBF file. And the Droid 2 came with 2.2 on it, so asking for a 2.1 file for it is pointless.

OP
B

Busteddroid

Reaction score
Awsome! thx yea it seems they dont make SBF 2.1 But Thanks once again and sorry for all the questions LOL!!

Last edited:
OP
B

Busteddroid

Reaction score
Welll after all these countless hours of reserched ive come to the conclusion that a hard reset, or turning your phone back to stock Wil not Fix an unresponsive touch screen on my droid. Until i see some information outher wise then im not goin to do this becuase some people with the same issue as me, once they factory reset there phone it was stuck at the " Touch dorid to activate " screen. and stil unresponsive :(

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
That's understandable.

If the phone is less than 90 days old you can see about getting a square trade insurance policy. That's like $200 out the door, though.

OP
B

Busteddroid

Reaction score
That's understandable.

If the phone is less than 90 days old you can see about getting a square trade insurance policy. That's like $200 out the door, though.

Yea, i cant do that. jus have to suck it up and get a new phone... i bought the phone in May,2010 brand new in the box from a friend. So no warrenty im guessing.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
If you do try to flash the phone using RSD then you probably don't want to use that Droid2 sbf considering you have the original Droid (with 2.2 loaded on it). Am I correct with the understanding that you AREN'T using a Droid 2?

Here's the problem either way. If you don't attempt to fix it by flashing the appropriate .sbf file you are left with a barely functioning phone. On the other hand, you use RSD to flash your phone and again you are left with a crippled phone.

Of those two options I would choose to flash. The phone won't be any less useful then it already is if the flash fails. And I don't know if you've rooted your phone or not but flashing back to 2.1 will eliminate all traces of root from your phone just in case you can get Motorola to still honor the warranty. I have mo clue if they would but it doesn't hurt one bit to ask ans you might just be surprised.

So my opinion? Use RSD to flash a working non root Android OS (any version at or after 2.1) while crossing my fingers. If the touchscreen is still broken after this then I would try every outlet I could in getting a warranty replacement...even if I bought the phone from a third party (aka your friend).

Good luck with this.

Edit: I'm a litte hesitant to say this because I don't like posting something I am unsure about, but I was under the impression that the warranty applies to the phone for one year regardless of ownership. Don't take that as legal advice as it could be very wrong.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The droid 2 sbf should have failed. Unless you patched the current rsdlite with the d2 drivers and the rootwiki patch it will not work. So sbf did fail. What probably happened ids sbf failed and tried to reboot.
We are going to try 2 things.

lets do the first one ..... I need you to boot into recovery. Now we can do this faster if you have access to a computer and gtalk, if not I will be waiting for you to respond.

AFter you boot into recovery let me know what recovery image you have

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
After you install that zip on the root of your sdcard you are going to rename it update.zip (update for windows 7)
Then you are going to flash it like you will flash a rom

Once it has installed wipe data and cache.

Reboot.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We will then unroot your device (by the way the method I am going telling you is to unroot and get it stock official with out rsdlite).

You can download droidmod ap and use the one button unroot

This is from droidmod.org

DroidMod Updater 12

August 22, 2010 / DM UpdaterReleases / by Camel
Click this link directly from your phone’s browser, or launch DMUpdater if you already have it installed. This version does not include the exploid root, but we’re discussing releasing a version that will, since there’s already a million copycat apps out there.
For the complete list of changes, you can view the commit log. The major changes are:

• Compatibility with CyanogenMod
  • Compatibility with Froyo
  • Flash existing Durden snapshots from the root of the sdcard
  • Various bug fixes

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
once you have unrroted with droidmod you will be able to manually install the new froyo build so vzw (or who ever you doing a warranty exchange with) will not suspect a thing.

Here is the steps from droid life to manually install 2.2 frg22d

Manually Update to FRG22D Froyo for DROID Now!

On 08.26.10, In News, by Kellex

Don’t feel like waiting until you Droid is prompted to update to FRG22D? Then manually update now and enjoy full Flash 10.1 in all its glory well before the rest of the world. The guys at Android Forums have discovered the file and we’re bringing it to you live right now!
*NOTE 1* - UNIVERSAL ANDROOT DID NOT ROOT THIS BUILD. IF YOU WANT TO ROOT, I SUGGEST FOLLOWING OUR INSTRUCTIONS INSTEAD OF UPDATING TO THIS.
*NOTE 2* - There is a chance you will lose root should you update to this from FRG01B. While the update file is only 1.6MB, it sounds like it is still capable of breaking root. Avoid for now if you wish to stay rooted.
___________________________________________​
Instructions to manually install the FRG22D Froyo Update on your Motorola Droid:
*THIS IS ONLY FOR NON-ROOTED STOCK 2.2 USERS RUNNING FRG01B.
1. Download this file: update.zip or DIRECT FROM GOOGLE LINK
2. Place file on the root of your sdcard (not in any folder).
Make sure it is named UPDATE.ZIP! The Google link will need to be renamed.
3. Turn your phone off.
4. Boot into recovery (Hold Power + X).
5. Wait for a triangle with exclamation point to appear and release Power and X.
6. Hit the volume up and camera button (half-way down) at the same time.
7. Using the D-Pad select “apply update.zip” and press in the gold button on the D-Pad.
8. Your phone will now run the update.
9. When it finishes, use the D-Pad to select reboot phone.
10. Your phone will reboot with Android 2.2, build FRG22D.
Enjoy!
Flash was there for us immediately! Let us know if you run into any issues.
Source: Android Forums
Cheers Brent and NickMili!