Okay, Why is This Running?

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I confess...although there have been many threads here that say app killers aren't necessary, I do have one.

I'm curious...ever since the 2.1 upgrade, when I go into my app killer to see what's running, the Amazon MP3 application is running, although I haven't used it, and have never downloaded an MP3 via the app. Anyone know what goes? It WASN'T running before the upgrade.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a setting in the mp3 store app that you can uncheck..."monitor connection", or something like that. Presumably, that makes the app use less CPU.

I have no idea why it runs in the background and I find it annoying of Verizon to do this. However, I don't spend time or resources killing the task. It only starts up again, using more resources. I just let it sit in memory and I ignore it. Theoretically it isn't using much in the way of battery power or CPU.

If you root your phone you can uninstall stuff like MP3 store.

theascended

Reaction score
Get autostarts in the market. You can disable the auto run functionality with it.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
I am not rooted and I uninstalled it. Actually I uninstalled a lot of the pre-loaded apps that came with the phone because I do not use them and don't plan on using them. In addition I do not use an app killer. Frankly, since I got rid of the app killer I find my batter is lasting longer and my Droid's overall performance has improved.

eliassami5

Reaction score
go to home>menu>settings>applications>manage applications>menu>filter all> now you can uninstall just about any app on your phone, that includes pre-loaded apps.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am not rooted and I uninstalled it.

Would you be able to tell me how you did so?

Go to your menu, settings, applications, manage applications, wait for the list to populate, click on the app you no longer want and there will be an uninstall button about 1/3 of the way down from the top of screen. Click that and the app will uninstall.

Like I said, I got rid of a lot of the pre-loaded apps because they were useless to me. This was one of them and so was Myspace.

Hope this helps.

LordKastle

Reaction score
just close it in the settings-applications-manage applications. and force stop and close the app.

you cannot uninstall these apps.

ps...
you cannot uninstall the native os apps.

iPirate

Reaction score
There isn't an uninstall button on the MP3 store...? :(

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know if that is something with the 2.1 because I was able to uninstall Amazon, Amazon MP3, Myspace, Corp Calendar and I can't remember what else back when I got my phone. But that was of course before 2.1 and even before 2.01 updates so I don't know anymore. Sorry for leading you wrong.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I don't know if that is something with the 2.1 because I was able to uninstall Amazon, Amazon MP3, Myspace, Corp Calendar and I can't remember what else back when I got my phone. But that was of course before 2.1 and even before 2.01 updates so I don't know anymore. Sorry for leading you wrong.

Unrooted droids cannot uninstall or delete Native apps.
It's Never been possible.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sorry, but that's not true. The only way you could uninstall Amazon MP3 and Corporate Calendar is by rooting your phone. Been that way since day one.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Sorry, but that's not true. The only way you could uninstall Amazon MP3 and Corporate Calendar is by rooting your phone. Been that way since day one.

Although I believe you're correct about each of these apps, my phone is running neither. That kina surprises me because I seem to recall prior to the 2.1 update that each showed up as running. Now neither one does.