Okay What are My options??

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
My dust appears to enter through the volume toggle.

I'm confused. My volume button (if that is what you are talking about) is on the bottom half of the phone, not the screen half.
:blink:

You know I never even thought about that (>.<) but it is EXACTLY where it appears to be coming from only as you point out it can't. It's so thick right at the edge of the screen I can't see though it in direct sunlight and as you move outward it fades away to clean. If it were coming through the earpiece wouldn't it originate from the center top propagating outward instead of the far right upper corner?

OP
NYZ93

NYZ93

Reaction score
My dust appears to enter through the volume toggle.

I'm confused. My volume button (if that is what you are talking about) is on the bottom half of the phone, not the screen half.
:blink:

Yea i was just about to say that
if so it would take a long time and a lot of wind to push it all the way to the screen

OP
NYZ93

NYZ93

Reaction score
ok so i think ima go to verizon to get it exchanged but
is there a way to get all my apps back?? seeing as how i would lose them all in a swap :mad:
Btw i tried to take it up with motorola Dont ask me why..
and i just wanted to state how much i hate talking with people overseas seeing as how much they dont know english :soapbox::censored:

im telling the lady i have dust under my screen and she replies ok so you have DOTS so ok i want you to do as i say reboot the phone (in my head im like WTF! i have dust whats rebooting gonna do turn on a vacum in the phone) so now i tell the lady i HAVE DUST NOT DOTS DUST so now she understands what i am saying (i know this cause she spelled out the word dust) no she goes ok um can u restart the phone im like no i have dust :mad: anywayz yea i wanted to share that somewhat random point of anger with me and big companies hiring motherf'n people overseas that dont know english especially when its for tech support cause you are already fustrated that the product you paid good money for :motdroidvert: is malfunctioning some how, and then the people youre talking to for help dont know english and probably have never seen the F'n product ahhh any way yea thats all i got

but please dont forget to answer my question up top of this post (not thread)
and share youre opinion on outsourcing.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok so i think ima go to verizon to get it exchanged but
is there a way to get all my apps back?? seeing as how i would lose them all in a swap :mad:
Btw i tried to take it up with motorola Dont ask me why..
and i just wanted to state how much i hate talking with people overseas seeing as how much they dont know english :soapbox::censored:

im telling the lady i have dust under my screen and she replies ok so you have DOTS so ok i want you to do as i say reboot the phone (in my head im like WTF! i have dust whats rebooting gonna do turn on a vacum in the phone) so now i tell the lady i HAVE DUST NOT DOTS DUST so now she understands what i am saying (i know this cause she spelled out the word dust) no she goes ok um can u restart the phone im like no i have dust :mad: anywayz yea i wanted to share that somewhat random point of anger with me and big companies hiring motherf'n people overseas that dont know english especially when its for tech support cause you are already fustrated that the product you paid good money for :motdroidvert: is malfunctioning some how, and then the people youre talking to for help dont know english and probably have never seen the F'n product ahhh any way yea thats all i got

but please dont forget to answer my question up top of this post (not thread)
and share youre opinion on outsourcing.

Your paid apps will be in your downloads. Your remaining apps you will have to get individually. You will not be charged for your paid apps again.:)

OP
NYZ93

NYZ93

Reaction score
Your paid apps will be in your downloads. Your remaining apps you will have to get individually. You will not be charged for your paid apps again.:)[/QUOTE]

so not my free ones??

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope you're going to have to go after those again individually. There is an app that will back up your applications called My Backup Pro. It's 5.00 in the market, but I don't know exactly how it works on transferring apps to another phone. I guess you select back up to the web and then you could download them into your new phone once you get it.

Mamaperk

Reaction score
All of my apps, paid for apps as well as free ones, were all returned to me when I exchanged phones both times (yes, I'm on my 3rd Droid and it looks like this one is going back but that's for another thread) ... when I sync with Google everything is brought back for me ... so you should be ok as far as I know.

Also, my experience with in-person VZW tech support is that they come up with lots of 'reasons' and excuses not to exchange out the phone but VZW customer service is much better ... I have not tried calling and having them arrange a pick-up in store though ... that seems like a great plan.

Mudd92

Reaction score
Sorry to return an old thread, but could someone possibly help me, I had to have my phone replaced through warranty and they fedexd it to me, once I got everything set up I have to re dl all my apps and rebuy my paid ones...any ideas on what to do? Thanks.. Joey

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope you're going to have to go after those again individually. There is an app that will back up your applications called My Backup Pro. It's 5.00 in the market, but I don't know exactly how it works on transferring apps to another phone. I guess you select back up to the web and then you could download them into your new phone once you get it.

You can backup to the SD card, so all the OP has to do is copy the backup files to his/her PC and back to the new phone. Happy day.