Ok Wifi Issues need help- Please

Desicrator

Reaction score
Ok, really trying to squeeze this in here cause I don't know where else It will get alot of foot traffic. It involves my Droid X wifi and PC

My Wi-Fi will not reach my room for some reason, this is a simple map some reason the connection is very weak like I cannot watch a youtube video on either my Droid X or PC but on 3G I have no issues, also when I 3g tether to my PC works good.

Router is a Wifi N but also had issues with my last one, All my drivers are updated, and so is the router drivers, this is a new modem, also had these issues on my old Wireless-G.

WifiIssues.jpg
[/IMG]

It is literally only my room that has the connection Issues, both router and my room on are on the same 2nd floor. Had this problem for 4-5 months.

And if a moderater move this thread ok, but I was just hoping for the foot traffic and I have found this forum to be helpful. :)

If i am missing some important detail let me know.

Thanks

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Grab Wifi Analyzer from the Market. You can use this to get a good map of signal strength and channel interference as you walk about the house. It might help pinpoint the problem if it is a signal issue.

A quick thing to try is to slightly reposition the router. Rotate it 90 and 180 degrees and recheck your signal in the bedroom. Most home routers should have a consitant 360 degree radiation pattern, but sometimes they don't.

OP
Desicrator

Desicrator

Reaction score
Grab Wifi Analyzer from the Market. You can use this to get a good map of signal strength and channel interference as you walk about the house. It might help pinpoint the problem if it is a signal issue.

A quick thing to try is to slightly reposition the router. Rotate it 90 and 180 degrees and recheck your signal in the bedroom. Most home routers should have a consitant 360 degree radiation pattern, but sometimes they don't.

ok got Wifi analyzer, my signal is coming in weaker than some others that are around my house including a church that is like a mile away it drops bad at that corner on the wall. gonna give the router rotation a shot. thanks

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Is it possible that wall has some metal in it, like maybe foil covered insulation?

That would do some major signal blocking. If so you'll either have to relocate the router, get a repeater router, or hardware the computer. The first would be the cheapest, even if you have to extend a cable somewhere.

OP
Desicrator

Desicrator

Reaction score
Yup that's it I bet the AC unit is right there guess ill have to move it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
The router I hope. AC units are heavy.

If that doesn't work come back and let me know. Not that I have any more ideas. Not cheap or easy ones anyway.