OK, who's planning on upgrading to the Droid X

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
definitely planning on upgrading but quick question. Do you already have to have a line in order to preorder (unassuming they do a preorder) as in, if i am adding a new line to a family plan, can i do that at the same time i preorder? or will i have to add the line without a phone and then preorder?
I don't think it matters.

chops

Reaction score
does anyone now if you can disable the moto/ninja blur? if you can i might get it

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
I wish my upgrade was up when it comes out but its alright I can live with my Droid until then. But damn, that screen looks so legit.

Sent from my Droid

rkeller62

Reaction score
does anyone now if you can disable the moto/ninja blur? if you can i might get it

The rumor is that you can totally disable the UI additions of Blur, but it will still be active 'under the hood.'

ldefranco

Reaction score
With Verizon saying anybody with a contract up in 2010 can upgrade early on launch day, does anybody else think this early upgrade option will also apply to New Every 2? My contract (and NE2) is up in December 2010, and I am eligible for both in August per VZWs 4 month grace period on 2 year plans and I was wondering if the early upgrade option will also apply to the NE2. Thoughts?

guardianali

Reaction score
Both the Evo and Droid X are great phones. There are plusses and minuses to both.

Evo:
+Front facing camera
+Kick stand
+Fairly fast shutter speed on camera
+Sense is much better the Motoblur (stock is obviosuly the best)
+uses the newer touch sensor tech that supports "unlimited touch"
+SprintTV actually decent
-No dedicated camera button
-Snapdragon and battery size makes horrible battery life.
-Smaller built in mem.

Droid x:
+physical buttons vice capacitive (personal preference but hey)
+Dedicated camera button
+A better processor that is more power efficient.
+GPU is better
+8gig internal storage and 16 gig card included
+3 mic's
-no front camera(gimmick or not better to have and not use then not have and cant use)
-Motoblur(this has a newer version but going by old one it is lacking)
-getting close to the "its too big" category.

AS you can see they are both great phones where the minuses are kinda nitpicky.

But the OVERALL picture is also important so lets consider service:

Sprint:
+Unlimited data that will probably stay unlimited to get signups that they are desperate to get.
+450min 69.99 plan is unlimited mobile to mobile on ANY network..you only use minutes to call landlines which is rare these days
+while all built in apps suck..sprints are less so.
SprintTv actually decent while Vcast kinda stinks.
+Largest military discount for our troops.
-coverage less then verizon
-gonna be a while before 4g is in NON-metropolitian areas and when it is its Wimax (which i think is the better tech) which is gonna be the new CDMA that the world will NOT use.

Verizon:
+Best coverage
+Going LTE route for global sync
+better customer service(ive had both..personal opinion)
+huge push for Android and great Google partnership
-more expensive plans
-strong rumor they are going tiered data later in the year ala ATT

Its a hard choice. Im on Verizon..its gonna come down to hand on time with both and detailed analysis of what my out of pocket monthly expense will be for each.
-

Last edited:

Aridon

Reaction score
I'm really curious about this device. I currently have an evo and i'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not.

Regardless how many developers from the original droid are planning on moving over? A device without developer support, IMO, sucks.

OP
J

Johnly

Nice to see that the forum is all geared up for the Verizon droid X!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
With Verizon saying anybody with a contract up in 2010 can upgrade early on launch day, does anybody else think this early upgrade option will also apply to New Every 2? My contract (and NE2) is up in December 2010, and I am eligible for both in August per VZWs 4 month grace period on 2 year plans and I was wondering if the early upgrade option will also apply to the NE2. Thoughts?
Yes this is true. If your contract is up in 2010 you can upgrade to this phone when it comes out. And I'm pretty sure on the main line, you can upgrade once a year.

smilepak

Reaction score
I am trying to debate if it is even worth it coming from the original Motorola Droid. Only advantage is bigger screen, I dont see any indication of better screen resolution or cpu or anything.

OS can always be updated on original droid to use same as Droid X, so functionality no biggie

r1nstang

Reaction score
ok question for the verizon folks. I was only with verizon for a year before I got my moto droid. I was able to upgrade after the first year because of the thing if your on a plan higher the $39.99 a month you get to upgrade once a year. But after searching the verizon site i didnt see that anymore. Did they get rid of that? All I see now if the new every 2 thing....which i originally only seen before the droid but then the yearly option was poiinted out to me by a friend.....if its there..can someone point it out again. I'd love to upgrade to the droid X if its not over $200

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am trying to debate if it is even worth it coming from the original Motorola Droid. Only advantage is bigger screen, I dont see any indication of better screen resolution or cpu or anything.

OS can always be updated on original droid to use same as Droid X, so functionality no biggie
Well, while the original Droid is still a great phone and I like it, this Droid X is way too tempting. Proceesor is MUCH better, very fast, if/when it gets rooted, you might not need to overclock, assuming the kernel isn't locked down. While the Droid will get updates, in the future, if one phone had to get more updates than the other, it would be the X. Look at other phones today. The only ones running 2.1+ are the ones bought within the past year or so.