1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ok this might sound stupid

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by RAZRmax, Jul 23, 2012.

1. RAZRmax

RAZRmax New Member

Should I move my app launcher icons around so I am not continually tapping on the same spots on my screen? I have a screen protector on my Droid and notice that those areas are wearing, or at least appear to be.
  2. justin82

justin82 Super Moderator Premium Member

i would not think so ... unless you are a heavy tapper. i would say your touch has no measurable wear on the screen. but i have been wrong before
  3. lloydstrans

lloydstrans Well-Known Member

They polish the mirrors in telescopes ( big ones) with fingers, a whole lot of rubbing. You would be hard pressed to actually wearing your screen out if the phone worked for 20 years. The plastic shield is a story into itself.
  4. russel5150

russel5150 New Member

well i am going to chime in here and say this... that was not a stupid question...

i agree with the other posters, but thats the kind of weird stuff i ask myself lol!
  5. heavyvino

heavyvino Member

Are your fingers diamond tiped? I wash helicopter bubbles with mild soap, water, and my had, those are a lot softer than gorilla glass.
  6. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

He has a matte screen protector i'd bet, and the matte is wearing off.. I had this happen on my bionic when my wife was using it.. she has very acidic sweat...I wont let her so much as touch a guitar of mine, or else I have to change the strings. Its terrible..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!