Ok this might sound stupid

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Should I move my app launcher icons around so I am not continually tapping on the same spots on my screen? I have a screen protector on my Droid and notice that those areas are wearing, or at least appear to be.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would not think so ... unless you are a heavy tapper. i would say your touch has no measurable wear on the screen. but i have been wrong before

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
They polish the mirrors in telescopes ( big ones) with fingers, a whole lot of rubbing. You would be hard pressed to actually wearing your screen out if the phone worked for 20 years. The plastic shield is a story into itself.

russel5150

Reaction score
well i am going to chime in here and say this... that was not a stupid question...

i agree with the other posters, but thats the kind of weird stuff i ask myself lol!

heavyvino

Reaction score
Are your fingers diamond tiped? I wash helicopter bubbles with mild soap, water, and my had, those are a lot softer than gorilla glass.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
He has a matte screen protector i'd bet, and the matte is wearing off.. I had this happen on my bionic when my wife was using it.. she has very acidic sweat...I wont let her so much as touch a guitar of mine, or else I have to change the strings. Its terrible..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!