ok this is driving me insane...

debrad0307

Reaction score
ever since i upgraded to LGB .05 my keyboard has been getting "stuck". when i type it will like freeze and the eventually catch up with what i am typing. i have tried using the stock keyboard and i even downloaded a different one with no avail. it doesn't do it all the time, maybe about every 4 or 5 words but it is getting annoying. it has slowed down my typing A LOT and even makes me have to retype some words because they are wrong. is anyone else having this issue> any suggestions on how to fix it?

tatuud

Reaction score
try going to settings/applications/manage applications/all/multi-touch keyboard...from there, clear the data/cache, reboot phone and it should be good to go.

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
Ok I just did that. While typing this post I noticed that it is still happening but not as often anymore. I can almost type a whole 7 words, then it will freeze up again.

Tappin' away on my DROIDX

tatuud

Reaction score
did you reboot the phone after you cleared the data? mine was so bad when i hit the space bar it would kick me out...cleared the data and i was good to go. you might want to uninstall the other keyboards you downloaded in case there is some kind of weird conflict. then clear the data again, reboot and see if that did it.

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
Ok. I just uninstalled the keyboard I download and cleared the data again then rebooted it right after that but it is still freezing up. Should I try wiping the cache in recovery?

EDIT: ok I just wiped cache in recovery but that still didn't work :-(

Last edited:

tatuud

Reaction score
Ok. I just uninstalled the keyboard I download and cleared the data again then rebooted it right after that but it is still freezing up. Should I try wiping the cache in recovery?

yea that wont hurt but i don't think that will fix it. you could always do a factory reset, i know its a pain to do that but it should fix you up. if you have everything backed up it shouldn't take to long...i have wiped data hundreds of times and i think it takes me like 20 minutes to get back up and running. Short of that i really don't know what else you could do. so far that has fixed everyone with the issue on the stock gb keyboard. did you notice this after any new app you may have downloaded or did it just come from out of the blue...it may be some app, theme or something like that.

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
It started right after I went to liberty gingerbread. I do have a theme on here though (stealth by mobile_sensi) I can try reinstalling it to see if that helps. If not I will do the factory reset.. but will that mess up my rom??

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
Alright, I just reinstalled the theme but that didn't seem to help much. It seems to get worse when I type in tapatalk too. I don't notice the lag in handcent or on the browser.

tatuud

Reaction score
i don't use the tapatalk app, i just downloaded the droid forum app. try uninstalling the tapatalk app and downloading the droid forum app and see if that helps. it could be the tapatalk app. if that doesnt help you could alwasy pm mobile sensi, he is very helpful. do you see this when you send a text or email?

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
I was going g to even restore the multi touch keyboard using g titanium backup but it said "application not installed" when I tried it. I am so dreading a factory reset but I will so it if I can get this fixed

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
i don't use the tapatalk app, i just downloaded the droid forum app. try uninstalling the tapatalk app and downloading the droid forum app and see if that helps. it could be the tapatalk app. if that doesnt help you could alwasy pm mobile sensi, he is very helpful. do you see this when you send a text or email?

Not so much on the text, and none on the email. Let me try using DROID forums and see if that works.

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
Installed the DROID forum app and I am noticing a BIG improvement although I need to knock on wood and keep my fingers crossed. I am typing as fast as I possibly can and my keyboard has not froze once. I guess it was the tapatalk app causing this. I am just glad I can type again! Thanks for the suggestions and the help!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

tatuud

Reaction score
well if you want to really get back to all new, sbf back to froyo, reroot and reload your rom and theme. that way you can also wipe everything in recovery as well, battery stats, dalvik, etc. guaranteed you will have a new phone at that point. i would however try using the keyboard for a bit prior to rooting and loading your rom/theme. if it works flawlesly than you know its working fine. if you load the rom/theme and it messes up again you can safely say its something in the rom or theme. this will also give you more info for the devs and see if they have a fix for you.

edit: sweet i'm glad it all worked out at least for now...i will keep my fingers crossed.

JoJoLanny

Reaction score
keyboard.....

I was going to offer a suggestion...... but it looks like this was a little while ago. Oh well.... If you're still having issues, post something or let us know. It looks like there may have been one fix you didn't try. Hope all is well. :)