Ok so I'm finally rooted!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Foreverrr, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Foreverrr

Foreverrr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Now that I'm rooted with 2.2 on my Droid, where can I find a guide on how to apply different themes and how to overclock? I can find different themes all over just I don't know how to apply them.

Thank you!

2. MasterMike32

MasterMike32 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea I also just rooted yesterday and have no idea how to install the themes any info on this?

3. mx371

mx371 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Install themes the same way you would a ROM. Download the file, place it on the root of your sd card (named update.zip if using SPRecovery), and install through the recovery screen. ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING. To overclock, you need to download an OC'd kernel (install the same way as a ROM/theme), and use setCPU to adjust the speed. I can't remember how much setCPU is in the market.. Hope this helps.

4. MasterMike32

MasterMike32 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok very important question here if i make a back up will that also back up my settings? more specifically my Wi-fi settings? because I reeally dont want to lose my wep key

5. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    Ratings:
    +12
    If you are wanting to backup your apps and settings so that you do not have to reinvent the wheel so to speak, you need to download from the market a backup app. Either Titanium or Mybackup Pro are two really good ones.