1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ok so I'm finally rooted!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Foreverrr, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Foreverrr

Foreverrr New Member

Now that I'm rooted with 2.2 on my Droid, where can I find a guide on how to apply different themes and how to overclock? I can find different themes all over just I don't know how to apply them.

Thank you!
  2. MasterMike32

MasterMike32 New Member

Yea I also just rooted yesterday and have no idea how to install the themes any info on this?
  3. mx371

mx371 New Member

Install themes the same way you would a ROM. Download the file, place it on the root of your sd card (named update.zip if using SPRecovery), and install through the recovery screen. ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING. To overclock, you need to download an OC'd kernel (install the same way as a ROM/theme), and use setCPU to adjust the speed. I can't remember how much setCPU is in the market.. Hope this helps.
  4. MasterMike32

MasterMike32 New Member

Ok very important question here if i make a back up will that also back up my settings? more specifically my Wi-fi settings? because I reeally dont want to lose my wep key
  5. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    If you are wanting to backup your apps and settings so that you do not have to reinvent the wheel so to speak, you need to download from the market a backup app. Either Titanium or Mybackup Pro are two really good ones.