Ok, so I want to develop an app...

Discussion in 'Android App Developers' started by ForensicDroid, Feb 15, 2010.

1. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i'm in on this new to the boat approach. i've been immersed in functional/logical programming for so long, that concepts and approach to java OOP seems to foreign to me. of all the classes that I've took, i've retained nothing.

i've been on the hunt for decent code samples as i have big plans for applications that I want to promote.

2. CorvetteAustin24

Ratings:
    +0
    If you find any good examples, could you please share them with us? I would really appreciate it :)

3. 640k

640k Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    finally got around the proxy and am finally getting my environment setup.

looks like they're in the middle of the session. hopefully it starts over again.

4. CorvetteAustin24

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed that, and the times don't really work with me. In my final semester at college and am taking 3 project classes, 18 credits, and work... life is crazy :icon_eek:

I read further in to his sessions and I get why he's giving them free over timed interval sessions, he's selling the whole package for $50 once it's over. Pretty smart business plan, get people hooked and if they miss a session they are more likely to purchase.

5. Samstag

Samstag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are a ton of example programs and more tutorials in the SDK you downloaded. Go to the directory to extracted the SDK and load android-sdk-windows/docs/index.html. Then click the resources tab and check out the items under tutorials and sample code.

6. bristolcat

bristolcat Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just piggybacking on this thread as I'm interested in developing apps too. I do web development and design so I have some background in something semi-related. I was wondering if anyone is anticipating app development being easier when AIR is available for Android. I started doing some Flex tutorials in hopes of getting my AIR legs before AIR mobile is released. It at least seems more natural for me to learn than full-on Java. Opinions?

7. droid_mike

droid_mike Member

Ratings:
    +0

If you are a beginner, the easiest way to develop an app is using the Simple programming language ported to Android:

simple - Project Hosting on Google Code

It's basically Visual Basic for Android. It's still a bit buggy, but the language really is simple to use, and even has features like accelerometer control.

Check it out!

8. CorvetteAustin24

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the link, Mike!

9. stdesign

stdesign Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes! Thanks for the info and link. --> Me runs to see if Ubuntu has Simple, else default to Windows :-( .