OK, so I really think i meesed up

ForestGump

Reaction score
So I posted a couple days ago about my phone being suck in the "M" logo.

I got it to run on UD v9.0 by, pretty much luck, I really don't understand how I got to do it. I think messed up by reading other people mistakes and doing them in order to try and to bring me to a place to start. But I think I really ****ed up...

I went back to SPRecovery and tried to load my last save back-up and when I do it reads:

ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.0.6
Checking MD5 sums...
Restoring boot image...
Restoring system...
Restoring data...
Restoring cache...
sd-ext.img not found. Skipping restore of /sd-ex
t.
Restore complete!

Then it just goes back to looping the "M" logo once again. Then I go to restore my last saved backup and it goes back to my UD v9.0 and all seems well. but I notice my keyboard lights aren't working and it takes a well skilled hand to get the phone to even charge, or I think it is. Every time it "charges" it does the whole battery little animation on top, but when I unplug it, it always reads 40%.

I have tried COUNTLESS times to unroot it and bring it back to v2.0.1, the .sbf file, the virginoem-backup way, and I cannot get it to do anything(I really mean anything). I mean I don't think I am an idiot (besides this phone fiasco) but I really could use some really good playing around with. I have insurance on my phone so if anything happens to it, I will just report is lost and try again, lol.

But I am really down to try anything!!! I am free, anytime since I am on springbreak and on vacation from work. IF you want my YIM to chat in real time, PM me and I will give it to you. Don't be creepy:icon_ poke: and I wont be as well:bling:

Thanks.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
So I posted a couple days ago about my phone being suck in the "M" logo.

I got it to run on UD v9.0 by, pretty much luck, I really don't understand how I got to do it. I think messed up by reading other people mistakes and doing them in order to try and to bring me to a place to start. But I think I really ****ed up...

I went back to SPRecovery and tried to load my last save back-up and when I do it reads:

ClockworkMod Recovery v1.8.0.6
Checking MD5 sums...
Restoring boot image...
Restoring system...
Restoring data...
Restoring cache...
sd-ext.img not found. Skipping restore of /sd-ex
t.
Restore complete!

Then it just goes back to looping the "M" logo once again. Then I go to restore my last saved backup and it goes back to my UD v9.0 and all seems well. but I notice my keyboard lights aren't working and it takes a well skilled hand to get the phone to even charge, or I think it is. Every time it "charges" it does the whole battery little animation on top, but when I unplug it, it always reads 40%.

I have tried COUNTLESS times to unroot it and bring it back to v2.0.1, the .sbf file, the virginoem-backup way, and I cannot get it to do anything(I really mean anything). I mean I don't think I am an idiot (besides this phone fiasco) but I really could use some really good playing around with. I have insurance on my phone so if anything happens to it, I will just report is lost and try again, lol.

But I am really down to try anything!!! I am free, anytime since I am on springbreak and on vacation from work. IF you want my YIM to chat in real time, PM me and I will give it to you. Don't be creepy:icon_ poke: and I wont be as well:bling:

Thanks.

First off lets get an idea of where you are at right now. Are you running UD 9 right now?
Are you on clockwork recovery or SPrecovery? they are different and not caompatible.
Lastly what is your ultimate goal at the momment?

OP
ForestGump

ForestGump

Reaction score
First off lets get an idea of where you are at right now. Are you running UD 9 right now?
Are you on clockwork recovery or SPrecovery? they are different and not caompatible.
Lastly what is your ultimate goal at the momment?

Sorry, I don't know the difference between clockwork recovery and SPrecovery. It's when I power on + "X" and I get to that recovery screen.

I am running UD v9 by downloading it straight from the forum and loading it onto my sd card. Then I chose from the recovery screen

"-install zip from sdcard" then
"choose zip from sdcard" then
"UltimateDroidV9-fullupdate.zip"

And it put UD v9 on my droid... I tried to go back and do the same thing for the Kernnel I put on there, but no luck.

I want to bring my phone back to ground 0 with v 2.0.1 and start over again. I rooted it from v2.0.1 just fine, it was when I went to change some features using RomManager it just looped the "M" logo and then I kinda freak and was pushing buttons and stuff.

Last edited:

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Do an sbf restore and start over.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the difference is sprecovery is in all yellow words, and clockwork is in all green.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
OP
ForestGump

ForestGump

Reaction score
If it isn't finding the phone you haven't installed the correct drivers. Either that or you aren't running the program as an administrator.

I can try again, but what way would you suggest?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If it isn't finding the phone you haven't installed the correct drivers. Either that or you aren't running the program as an administrator.

Restore 2.0.1 for rooting, or Unroot/Unbrick your phone using .sbf

Ive used this method about 5 times. Make sure once you install rsd lite you right click on the icon, go to compatibility and tell it run as administrator. I would also suggest plugging your phone in, going into device manager and deleting any driver it goes with your phone. Then reinstall the drivers to make sure everything is clean. Good luck!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Can you still get into recovery? if so sbf is over kill. I think its a kernel issue really.

OP
ForestGump

ForestGump

Reaction score
Can you still get into recovery? if so sbf is over kill. I think its a kernel issue really.

I don't even know if I have a kernel. When I was messing around I reformatted my sdcard. So that's where I think I messed up

huskur

Reaction score

Ive used this method about 5 times. Make sure once you install rsd lite you right click on the icon, go to compatibility and tell it run as administrator. I would also suggest plugging your phone in, going into device manager and deleting any driver it goes with your phone. Then reinstall the drivers to make sure everything is clean. Good luck!

Just our of curiosity how long did it take to restore to 2.0.1 using the sbf method? Just curious. I am going to do it this weekend when i have time so i can reroot and go back with a custom rom

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Just our of curiosity how long did it take to restore to 2.0.1 using the sbf method? Just curious. I am going to do it this weekend when i have time so i can reroot and go back with a custom rom

The flashing process takes about 3 mins or so. So i did that, then used CM updater to reroot then added whatever rom I wanted at the time.

OP
ForestGump

ForestGump

Reaction score

nope wont work, Droid wont even recognized I plugged it into the computer

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

nope wont work, Droid wont even recognized I plugged it into the computer

And you installed the correct drivers? What happens when you turn it on holding d pad up? Does your computer show something or make a noise?