Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hckdadroid, Feb 25, 2010.
looking to now get smoke glass rom how do i install it thx!
Look in the android ROMs section...you'll find it and many others there
Going from DroidMod to Smoked Glass. Step By Step
*first you need to download your copy of Smoked glass v4.5 from this link:
*then you need to extract the SmokedGlass zip file to your desktop. leave it for now, you'll use it later (don't touch anything on the inside of that file)
CREATING a NANDROID BACKUP
*You need to first create a nandroid backup, so power down your droid and power it back up while holding the "X" button. It will reboot into recovery, then you need to press the "volume up" side key and the "camera" button at the same time to open up the menu.
*then select restore/backup
*then choose advanced nandroid backup
*highlight all parts of the backup options --> (*) not --> ( )
*if you want, you can give the backup a name by choosing the the top option in that same screen.
*then create the nandroid backup by selecting the 2nd option on that screen. leave alone until it say DONE.
*Click the "power" button twice to return to the original recovery menu and select "reboot now"
Because you already have DroidMod i'm going to assume you have the latest recovery image "recovery-0.99.3b.img"
Installing Smoked Glass
* mount your device to your PC
* copy the SmokedGlassv4.5 file (extracted) to your nandroid file on your SD card. Usually SDcard/nandroid/
* check to make sure the copied file is not double foldered.
(ex. sdcard/nandroid/SmokedGlass/SmokedGlass/) to do this just open the smoked glass folder and make sure it has four sub items in it (boot, system, and two other things i cant remember.)
* now reboot to recovery by "power" and "X" buttons as before, then menu "volume up" and "camera".
* select restore/backup
* select advanced nandroid restore
* select "choose restore"
* select your smokedGlass file that you copied over
* select perform restore (wait until done)
* press power button twice to return to initial recovery location
* select "reboot now" and WALLAH!!!!
You are now booting in your new smoked glass ROM
Here are a few instructional videos
Here is a video with the nandroid backup steps:
Part 1: Part 2: Here is a video link with the install steps: