ok only 2 gripes for me.

bL33d

Reaction score
Came from iphone 3gs and love my droid everything is better imo except 2 things and maybe if i point it out here someone know of an app or tweak to help with this...

1 browser scrolling sux monkey balls compared to iphone.

2 cant watch a movie in fullscreen there is no zoom or scale to feature....? :angry:

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Came from iphone 3gs and love my droid everything is better imo except 2 things and maybe if i point it out here someone know of an app or tweak to help with this...

2 cant watch a movie in fullscreen there is no zoom or scale to feature....? :angry:

1 use dolphin browser from the market
2 if the movie is in the right solution, its auto fullscreen.

Tigger

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

We had great scrolling on the internet prior to 2.0.1, but with that release we got the stuttered scrolling. We're hoping they will fix that with a future OS release.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I personally hate pinch to zoom, double tap seems so much easier for me.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
I don't know I like pinching in some instances like when I try to select a topic on the mobile version of this site I seem to miss, but the Dolphin browser just can't stand it.

mjs31

Reaction score
I hate pinch zoom on Dolphin or anything else. Never use Dolphin, Don't think the scrolling is that bad but it did go way south since 2.0.1.

As compared to the Iphone...yeah it lags/jumps, but that should get back to normal with the next update (hopefully). From there, it beats the Iphone since it has a much better flick scroll action than the Iphone IMHO.

It is not the phones fault your movie doesnt fit. It is all about movie ratios. If the movie is at the correct 16:9 ratio it will fit, unfortunately many movies have abandoned this. I believe Act1 video player gives the zoom in option to fill the screen (crop to be exact) but of course, you will loose part of the movie doing this. If you didn't, you would change the recolution and there fore, change the way people, buildings etc look. Long heads, short body type thing..
You scale to feature is exactly what is happening. The movie is being shown in it's true resolution. Try act1, but I would rather see every part of the movie than crop out and miss the edges. Either that or find a movie that was made in the true 16:9 ratio.

Last edited:

BzB

Reaction score
I seem to be the only one that doesn't like the dolphin browser :x

i prefer the regular browser over dolphin too. the pinch zooming isn't all that great, and it doesn't do as good a job of fitting the the web page to the screen as the stock browser.

also, the scroll choppiness we sometimes see will be there regardless of which browser is used. it's something in the core os that needs to be optimized (wasn't there before the os update) and we hope will be improved in future os releases.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
keep in mind that the iphone is and formost a media player that they squeezed a phone into. They have had what 3years to get it right so it should be great at movies.

karib

Reaction score
I seem to be the only one that doesn't like the dolphin browser :x

Nope, cant stand it either, but i know that lot of guys really like it,
thats why i suggested it ;)

I had dolphin browser downloaded for all of 5 minutes! I uninstalled mainly because I missed the bookmark thumbnails that the native browser had...The pinch and zoom was ok, but I really don't mind double tapping to zoom.

OP
bL33d

bL33d

Reaction score
Ya all these pinch to zoom browsers suck right now for the same reasonnscrolling sux. It lags I hope 2.1 fixes this.

As for zoom or scale to feature should be standard ofcourse not all videos are gonna be Droid Res.