1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Ok nooooobie root issue

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate Development' started by jabtay, Apr 27, 2011.

1. jabtay

jabtay New Member

So I installed 2.2, then did mrdroids root. I am rooted, but keep getting errors when trying to boot into CWM recovery. CWM is all greyed out, so I am assuming the bootlogger is locked? Where do I go from here
  2. TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27 New Member

3. jabtay

jabtay New Member

Thank you! That did the trick, it was kind of scary though...I didnt want to send my phone to hell :)

Oh one thing though, the link for the CWM fix did not contain the .tar file.
  4. barbie777

barbie777 New Member

How do u get the root cause my phone use to be rooted but after the update for the fascinate its not. ?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
  5. novelli

novelli New Member

did you try going to terminal emulator and see if you had the $ instead of #? if the beginning of the command line is #, just type su, hit enter, and you're all set! also, if you open titanium backup, it'll ask for superuser permissions. give it permissions, and you'll be rooted again!