ok need help just some basic questions before I sell my Droid 1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by WoZzY, Nov 14, 2010.

1. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I have a rooted droid 1 I am about to sell it to my boss he knows it is rooted/ modified he likes that but wants to put his number on it witch means a VZW rep will notice super user/root/setcpu can i leave it rooted & hide all these & modify the rom /kernel version by modify I mean like spoof it so they could not tell thanks for the help i have a few weeks but just wanted to see how detailed the process is

2. jpeanes

jpeanes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you could just *228 and activate that way, or 611 is verizon customer service (press 4 from main menu then when prompted say "customer service" to get to a Rep) and do it all over the phone, or create the nandroid and go settings>privacy>factory reset, reset the phone till you get it switched, then put your SD card in and restore (because factory reset doesn't wipe SD) and it will be right where it was when you made the nandroid. One of those should work fine, I've used all three successfully. (I use SPRecovery,so I'm not sure about the last one on any other recovery. )

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    Yep. The buyer only has to dial *228, chose option 3 and follow the prompts. Then a factory data reset will remove the rest of your personal stuff. All done.