1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ok my head is spinning and i think im just flat out screwed: Droid Bionic

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by blkdroid, Mar 30, 2012.

1. blkdroid

blkdroid New Member

ok so i when i got my bionic a few months ago i tryed to root it and im pretty sure it went fine i never actually used any apps or anything to confirm this but i have super use installed. with that being said i updated a few weeks later to .902 or maybe .901...one or the other and lost my root however super user is still installed. im having an issue with my screen when i touch it so i got a new one and its working fine but the problem im running into is now i obviously have to send the other phone back but i cant get rid of super user. ive red tons and tons of stuff and its all just very confusing. i had a droid one perviously and rooted it and installed roms and apps and the whole nine yards. i downgraded to .886 thinking it would make it easier for me to root. however its not ...im running .886 but now i cant get ANY service...my guess is i dont have the .886 radio flashed but either way i cant seem to get any apps to root this bionic and im getting down to the wire with having to send it back. what should i do? is it possibile to copy the entire os from the new phone and copy it to the old and be good to go? i really need to get rid of this superuser ASAP someone please help!! im even willing to "Donate" some money to someone who can help me and sorry in advance if i posted in the wrong place im a newbie to this forum.....
  2. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

I hope someone hops in here and confirms that this will work in your current configuration, but I believe you can get yourself back to bone-stock 5.9.902 with RSD lite and the FXZ file.

From there, you can root it with the motofail exploit, which works fine on .902

You shouldn't have to send it back at all. This link should help you get your phone working, just remember to read the steps first; make sure you've downloaded everything needed, and be very careful not to miss a step.

-[How to] get to 5.9.902 Rooted Easiest way | Droid Bionic

EDIT: And by the way, the entire purpose of this forum is for us to help each other out. Offers of monetary donations are not at all required. A forum is the sum of its members, without all of us sharing knowledge we wouldn't be here.
  3. blkdroid

blkdroid New Member

Well there's one problem lol rsd won't show my device...nor sure why I have latest rsd and latest moto drivers

EDIT: ok i got rsd to see my phone lets see what the outcome is...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  4. NorthGuard

NorthGuard New Member

Did you double check that usb debugging was turned on?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  5. altspeed

altspeed New Member

Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
    and unknown sources?
  6. NorthGuard

NorthGuard New Member

Also, i believe your phone needs to be in charge only mode.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  7. blkdroid

blkdroid New Member

ok so heres the latest update i tryed to flash Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US with fastboot through the phone..ABORTED then i tryed Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US..ABORTED..i finally figured out how to get rsd to see my phone and tryed to flash newvrz_xt875_5.9.902.xt875.verizon.en.us_cfc_01.xml...FAIL..this is driving me insane its just dead end after dead end..i was running 902 via ota and downgraded to 886 thinking it would be easier to root because it was a lower verison but that serioulsy kicked me in the ass...i was able to get semi root acess with motofail and get rid of super user but now im stuck with .886 that apprently doesnt have its radio flashed because i have no service except wifi of course...why will nothing flash to this droid?
  8. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

If it helps, RSD Lite always fails for me at a point as well, but if I close RSD lite the phone reboots and the OS loads normally. I think part of my issue is I run Windows 7 x64, and RSD Lite doesn't exactly like Windows 7 x64.
  9. blkdroid

blkdroid New Member

SUCESS!!! it took alot of trial and error but im finally superuser free and running .902 the funny thing is that the same method that screwed me in the first place bailed me out lol i used these instructions to downgrade my 902 to 886 using fastboot and command prompt well after i tryed everything to get back to 902 figured id try one last thing. using fastboot and command prompt to flash 902 as well as the radio and when i rebooted i was running 902 and had full 4g service :) but let me just say that was a total pain in the ass!!!!
Search tags for this page
alpine cda 117 android
alpine cda-105 android phone
alpine cda-117 hacks
alpine cda-117e sg3 music
cda 117 alpine android hookup
cda-105 andriod phone

cda-117e running samsung s4

hooking up galaxy s3 to play music on a alpine cda105
how to make my galaxy s3 work on my alpine cda 117 radio
my alpine cda 105 wont connect to my phone