OK, my battery lasts 4 times longer now. No joke!

mrdroid

Reaction score
Display 38% - 1hr 48m 7s
Phone idle 21% - 12hr 30m 52s
Cell standby 17% - 13hr 18m 53s
Android System 7% - 4m 55s
Browser 7% - 4m 51s
Android OS 5% - 3m 54s
Beautiful Widgets 3% - 1m 44s
Android Core Apps 2% - 1m 22s

According to Battery left I have 20% battery after 37 hours.
I'm not sure why market downloads don't really show up in those stats though. I just spent the last hour downloading from the market and took a good chunk of battery but it didn't really show up in the stats above. I guess it would be under Android System but that only shows 5 minutes.

My current ignore list: TempMonitor, Bluetooth Share, Google Partner Setup, Swype, AudioManager Pro, Astrid, My Uploads, VPN Connections, SetCPU, Email, Corporate Calendar, Clock, Calendar, Settings, Voice Dialer, Pico TTS, Battery Left, Apollo Task Killer, Beautiful Widgets and New and Weather.

Last edited:

Mixist

Reaction score
I had to uninstall Apollo. After screen unlock my phone kept going straight to the settings menu of the Task Killer. Really odd.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
mrdroid thats crazy your display is fairly low compaired to what I use on a daily I usually use 2-3 hours of display. I used to be 100% but lately I have backed up to the low setting to try and save some more juice

-=Jason=-

JayCizzo

Reaction score
It makes sense that the more you use your phone the less this app will help. I didn't notice a huge improvement but it was hard to tell as I used my phone a lot more than usual yeseterday. Plus I was playing Scrabble for a while and that is a huge battery eater.

Reaction score
My alarm went off at 930am. I unplugged my droid from the charger and went back to bed. 3 hours later I turn it on and it's still at 100%. Just for giggles, I open up a task killer program (I'm not using apollo autokill btw) and theres 10 random programs listed that shouldnt be there really. Even a program i havent used in 3 weeks. But my battery is at 100% so why would i kill them, so I'm leaving it there see what happens.

junpar

Reaction score
Display 38% - 1hr 48m 7s
Browser 7% - 4m 51s
Android OS 5% - 3m 54s

I'm not sure why market downloads don't really show up in those stats though. I just spent the last hour downloading from the market and took a good chunk of battery but it didn't really show up in the stats above. I guess it would be under Android System but that only shows 5 minutes.

My current ignore list: TempMonitor, Bluetooth Share, Google Partner Setup, Swype, AudioManager Pro, Astrid, My Uploads, VPN Connections, SetCPU, Email, Corporate Calendar, Clock, Calendar, Settings, Voice Dialer, Pico TTS, Battery Left, Apollo Task Killer, Beautiful Widgets and New and Weather.

if beautiful widgets is even listed that kind of means you aren't using your droid enough in your 37 hours.

mrdroid

Reaction score
mrdroid thats crazy your display is fairly low compaired to what I use on a daily I usually use 2-3 hours of display. I used to be 100% but lately I have backed up to the low setting to try and save some more juice

-=Jason=-

Yea, it's hard to gauge the accuracy of those stats. I'm by no means a heavy user. I don't text much or make many phone calls. It has definitely doubled my battery life though. I was reading the news on it last night for about an hour. That should either show up in browser or display but it seems like that time is logged under Cell Standby or Phone idle. I wonder if while I'm reading it's registering as Phone idle and it's calculating those times based on CPU time.... I have no idea.. I've also seen different ROMs measure those stats differently. I'm currently running BuglessBeast.

It makes sense that the more you use your phone the less this app will help. I didn't notice a huge improvement but it was hard to tell as I used my phone a lot more than usual yeseterday. Plus I was playing Scrabble for a while and that is a huge battery eater.

I wonder if using a combination of ATK and Apollo would make sense for a heavy user. ATK will auto kill apps while you're using the device and Apollo will kill shortly after sleep.

mrdroid

Reaction score
Display 38% - 1hr 48m 7s
Browser 7% - 4m 51s
Android OS 5% - 3m 54s

if beautiful widgets is even listed that kind of means you aren't using your droid enough in your 37 hours.

Set to 2 hour refresh it never shows up. But with 15 minute refresh it's usually there.

chudilo

Reaction score
Installed the Apollo Task killer. Battery life significantly better. Much less interface lag(scrolling) bringing top bar down, apps from the bottom). My Droid is just generally faster and battery life is significantly better.
I normally keep my phone plugged in at work because i'd have to charge it before going home.
Bottom line is there is a noticable difference.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Display 38% - 1hr 48m 7s
Browser 7% - 4m 51s
Android OS 5% - 3m 54s

Yea it looks like youre barely even using your phone. Thats super light usage. That would explain the great battery life. I'll probably give this a try though, even a little improvement is still an improvement.

Last edited:

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well today has been my first day really using Juice Defender from a 100% charge. its noon now and normally I would be around 70% life, today I am at 90% life. I have had mininal usage and turned my brightness way down. the past few days at 2pm I was at 30% life so I don't see my batter going from 90% down to 30% in 2 hours time.

Juice Defender FTMFW! I think I am giong to donate to ULTIMATE JUICE.
-=Jason=-

maladroid

Reaction score
So, I don't mean to be a downer but, my results from trying out Apollo yesterday were horrible, at least for me. Uninstalled, back to Free Advanced Task Manager.

My routine is, I usually charge my phone in the car on the way to work, so I arrive at work with 100% battery, and use my phone light-to-moderately throughout the day. I'll use it for gtalk, gmail, texting, and browsing any links that those may result from. And also there are those trips to the restroom where moderate web browsing takes place, haha.

Anyway, usually, by the time I'm done with my 8 hr shift, I've got either 40% or 50% left, just depending on how much I ended up using the phone that given day. Yesterday, I installed Apollo about 10am, 2 hrs into my shift. Excluded all the proper tasks, set it to kill after 1 minute of sleep

After a couple hours of use I noticed the percentage dropping faster than usual - more than 10% per hour :(. For the first time since having this rom/kernel set up, I felt like I had to watch my phone usage - even light usage! - if I wanted to have my battery last until I reached my car charger again.

So by the time I'm 10 minutes from being done with work, I look at my poor phone reading 15% battery - if I had used it like I normally do, it probably would have been dead already; the 15% was the result of me using it sparingly and clocking it back down to stock speed once it hit 40% and I had 3 hours of work left :( Apollo was supposedly "helping" my phone this whole time.

I make one phone call as I walk to my car, which lasts the entire length of the 15 minute walk (I work in downtown LA, parking is a b*tch), and I just BARELY make it to my charger, at 5% battery.

Needless to say, Apollo was gone while driving home. Uninstalled it, replaced with my old Task Killer mentioned above.

Today my phone is back to its normal efficient self. Halfway done with my shift now, already had a visit to the restroom, and been gmailing, gchatting, texting, even hit up the Facebook full site on the broswer for a few minutes - sitting pretty at 70% battery, expecting to be at 50 or 40 again by the time I'm out of here, and most importantly, not afraid to touch my phone for fear of wasting it down to 0% like I was yesterday!

Not sure if I did anything wrong, but I know for me, Apollo just flat out doesn't work, and if anything, definitely seems to suck extra life out of my battery...

---------------
EDIT: Just to clarify one thing - I usually hit the "kill all" widget with ATM as a reflex before putting Droid to sleep. When I was testing Apollo, I uninstalled the other ATM completely, set Apollo to 1 minute kill, and DID NOT hit the kill widget before shutting off my phone, figuring that's the whole point of Apollo, right? To be able to just let it do it's task killing thing without you having to be on top of it every minute..

Last edited:

Cyberdemon

Reaction score
After running both apps (Apollo and Juice) simultaneously I got about an hour and a half more battery life. Its really hard to gauge tho because one would have to do the "EXACT" same thing over two periods of time to tell whether or not it is helping.

So with that said I have no idea if i did the exact same thing the day before i tried these apps LOL.