OK, my battery lasts 4 times longer now. No joke!

xxacexx2

Reaction score
Om so I just switched to Apollo, will post results later
Where is everyone else that said they tested this app earlier? not posting results? please do

Anyway,
my ignore list is
handcent, settings, gmail, helixlauncher, battery indicator, pure grid calendar widget, Juice Defender
should I include anything else? Everything seems to be fine like this..why not kill "settings" anyway?

Is there anything wrong with killing google's news and weather widget? it doesnt seem to be affecting it at all.

Please guys post your results

dwz07

Reaction score
well i just installed this app today. i've only had my droid for a couple days before this but i've had to charge it at lease once throughout the day. had a full charge at roughly 11 am (when app was installed) and just after midnight i still have 30% but a fresh 30 (if ya know what i mean).

today's usage was about the same as the previous few days i.e. many texts, downloading apps, listening to music in my car, multiple phone calls, searching for ringtones, wallpapers etc, using ringdroid, a few pictures, and other misc. things.

this does seems to improve battery life (maybe not 4x but certainly a good amount) i think i'll test it for another day or so and check my results before i install juice defender to see if that also adds to the improved battery life. this is just my .02 though hopefully it was somewhat helpful!

P.S. running of BB0.9 @ 800Mhz with Chevy's 1000Mhz LV kernel (will test tomorrow set to the 1000Mhz) , and Apollo set to kill tasks @ 1 min after screen is shut off

edit: i've seen that a few people haven't been getting notifications that the autokill has been executed, i've had no problems with this at all.. it seems that it's a little longer than 1 min after the notification is sent but i DO get the notification of autokill

Last edited:
J

Johnly

4 times? what ever, I have use the task killers, and ther is NO difference. It is placebo. 2.1 has major battery improvements. You can see from settings if something is killing the battery, and if an app is doing that, kill it for life. Problem solved (but I navigate through settings very well, and some people need the help of a task killer, and if used properly, then it may save a 1 to 2 percent. 4x, please, I am doing college math, don't be ridiculous.

Stang68

Reaction score
4 times? what ever, I have use the task killers, and ther is NO difference. It is placebo. 2.1 has major battery improvements. You can see from settings if something is killing the battery, and if an app is doing that, kill it for life. Problem solved (but I navigate through settings very well, and some people need the help of a task killer, and if used properly, then it may save a 1 to 2 percent. 4x, please, I am doing college math, don't be ridiculous.

La ti da! :rolleyes:

Darthvong

Reaction score
Ok so I took my phone off the charger at 100% when I left for work at 230pm today. I just got home from work (1:45am) and my phone is at 60%! I used it to make a few calls, check facebook and texted a lot as well.
Yesterday I was at 10% by the time I got off work, so this app does work!

jaysnyder75

Reaction score
Add me to the list of people that are giving this a try. My battery life has not been very good so I dont think it can hurt.

xxacexx2

Reaction score
quick charge

anyone noticing their droid charging much quicker with all this?
It took around an hour and a half for me!

also, you guys with the significant improvements, are you having it kill 1 min after display is off?

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score

also, you guys with the significant improvements, are you having it kill 1 min after display is off?

That's how I have it set up.

I kill all apps that don't relate to email, SMS, or phone calls.

JerzyGirl

Reaction score

YES!! I am glad u said something, I was wondering what was going on, my droid would take forever to charge, and now its charging must faster after the changes! :)

mrdroid

Reaction score

We should all apologize for not living up to your superior standards. Not everyone wants to sit around killing apps every time they put their phone back in their pocket.

How does this differ from Advanced Task Killer? (not the free one)

The difference is just in the amount of time you're able to set before it kills tasks. With Apollo you're able to set it to kill tasks 1 minute after the phone sleeps. This is why everyone is seeing such major improvements in battery life. With Advanced Task Killer I was seeing about 18 hours of battery life on average. After 1 day with Apollo I'm already over 24 hours and still have 50% battery.

YES!! I am glad u said something, I was wondering what was going on, my droid would take forever to charge, and now its charging must faster after the changes! :)

There are less tasks draining the battery while it's trying to charge. Makes sense.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thats crazy do you guys just leave your phone in your pocket all day?

Can you 24 hour users post your batter stats.
display XX% on for XX MINUTES b/c no way you have hours in there
GPS XX%
cellstandby%

ETC ETC...

do this after your so called 24 hours with 50% left on battery because myself and others are just bewildered how you can be getting that kind of battery longevity

-=Jason=-

Myth

Reaction score
I tried Apollo, but when I did I would get no more then one bar on my reception. It was killing something it shouldn't have, obviously, but what was it? When I uninstalled, my reception was great again.

anyone know what it is I should have put on my ignore list?

thx

ripstar

Reaction score
I was also wondering what to put on the ignore list. So far I put:
Settings
Wi-Fi on/off (?)
ringdroid
Slideit
Alarm Clock

Any other suggestions, or do I not need some of those on the ignore list?