OK, my battery lasts 4 times longer now. No joke!

JerzyGirl

Reaction score
ok, just deleted out the advanced task killer and downloading the Apollo..will let y'all know how my phone does....my battery doesnt last half a day now....

searayman

Reaction score
battery really depends on what widgets you have running etc.... try juice defender it will save you loads!
Just installed Juicedefender, can u tell me what exactly it does? i just "enabled" it and left everything at default, can you explain what some of the things it does?

The review in my sig explains it pretty good but here is a crash course:

Pretty much juice defender cuts off all data connections when the screen is off. Basically stops all the constant background synching of gmail facebook and an other accounts or widgets you have. But it will turn on all data connections every 15 minutes for 2 minutes (or other time intervals depending what you pick) and it will update everything then, and shut off again. So you will not get email instantly but it saves tons of battery. Also you will still get calls and text instantly cause they use a different connection (as long as not using google voice for texts because it comes in through 3g).

BrooklynDROID

Reaction score
Ok, I'll bite.

DL'd Apollo TK. 100% battery as of 10:30AM. I will not charge it until I get home from work today (6:00PM). Let's see what happens...

JayCizzo

Reaction score
I'm trying it out as well. It's free, might as well give it a shot. I'll report my results tonight.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've heard great things about Juice Defender and I just loaded it up now, lately my phone as been off the charger at 6:30am and by 2pm im down to 20/30% and have to plug it in at work or else its running out on my way home from work. hopefully this juice defender does my Droid some good.

-=Jason=-

D

dman91

Just deleted Advanced Task Killer and downloaded Apollo Task Killer as well as Juice Defender. Let's see how this goes.

shugknight

Reaction score
Really quick guys, I just installed and want to try this out.

But a few questions, should I kill the following:

Helix Launcher
Live Wallpapers
Beautiful Widgets?

Basically, I'd like to know which Apps I shouldn't kill, and which apps I should...

zero7404

Reaction score
would be good for a guru to come on here and outline key processes that should not be killed.... this app looks like a good idea in the event that a new rom would overclock the processor ....

maladroid

Reaction score
Ok, although I've been very happy with my battery life lately (thank you P3Droid ultra low voltage kernel!) the improvement I've experienced has made me wonder how much further I can push the limit.

I've been using Free Advanced Task Manager (the blue one), just hitting the kill button as a reflex each time before putting the droid to sleep. These touts of battery life sound pretty promising, and you've got another person interested, haha.

Just installed Apollo. I'm at 50% battery right now at 10:30am, having managed to charge the droid up to 90% in my car by the time I arrived at work at 7. That's 40% in almost 4 hours, but I've installed 2 apps, flashed a kernel, and read news for about a half an hour, running at 900mhz, so that's not too bad. Also, it's not a stale 50%, it literally just turned to 50 while I was writing this post.

I'm curious as to what people think the optimum settings are for the auto-kill timer. Also, is this something that Apollo does repeatedly while the phone is in sleep mode? On one hand, if it only kills once per sleep, I don't really see a difference from me just hitting the kill-all widget before sleeping the phone myself. On the other hand, if the timer is the interval at which you want Apollo to keep shutting down apps repeatedly, I wonder if that might actually be a bigger drain on the battery than just letting those apps pop back up while in sleep mode...

I suppose the only real way to get an idea of what works best is to try different settings. Just because it seemed like the logical choice, I set the timer all the way downt to 1 minute after sleep, which is the shortest it will allow you to wait before the sleep kill takes place. I mean, you would want those apps killed ASAP right? Is there any reason to wait 10 or 15 minutes before killing?

shugknight

Reaction score
All I can say is WOW. I just tried this and had my auto-kill to 1 minute like the OP.

Since I first posted (about 11am) I've had the Droid playing music, and doing other things as browse the internet, text, Buzz, etc, and it displayed 80% left for my battery.

Now about 2 hours later, I look, and it still says 80%! Normally I would do this, and my battery would go down at least 10% once every hour.

So far, it seems to be working great...

Darthvong

Reaction score
Just installed this myself today. I was getting around 10 hrs on a charge so we'll see what happens today.

jrl9851

Reaction score
Really quick guys, I just installed and want to try this out.

But a few questions, should I kill the following:

Helix Launcher
Live Wallpapers
Beautiful Widgets?

Basically, I'd like to know which Apps I shouldn't kill, and which apps I should...

These are what I have on ignore:

e70f6a60.jpg

e4d71b69.jpg

Stang68

Reaction score
Hmm...I have Apollo set to kill at 5 minutes after the screen is off, and it is supposed to notify me when it does so, but for some reason it's not working. I open it back up and the same apps are open with no task-bar notification saying it killed apps. I have tried reinstallation but to avail. Any ideas?

mrdroid

Reaction score
Just because it's linux doesn't mean having things in memory isn't using battery. It doesn't need to be using cpu time to be using battery. The more things you have in memory, the more battery you're going to use. RAM uses battery to hold things in memory just like CPU uses battery to process things. So it would make sense that removing stale processes from RAM would prolong battery life.