OK, my battery lasts 4 times longer now. No joke!

Reaction score
Again, I'm flabbergasted by these hours from the battery. When I first got my phone and had virtually no apps I was getting around 18 hours with normal use. Now I'm getting 14.

I think one problem I have is that at both home and work I think I am struggling to get a solid phone signal so it's working hard on that all the time.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Again, I'm flabbergasted by these hours from the battery. When I first got my phone and had virtually no apps I was getting around 18 hours with normal use. Now I'm getting 14.

I think one problem I have is that at both home and work I think I am struggling to get a solid phone signal so it's working hard on that all the time.

Don't worry alot of us are flabbergasted as well. Particularly those that claim 30+ hours with moderate usage. Either alot of us have bum batteries or they have ones that somehow have a much higher mAH than rated. In any case I have yet to see any one of us skeptical folks reproduce these numbers. Just as I have failed to see any one of those claiming these numbers give an EXACT load of apps, stock or rooted and what they have set to autokill so we can try and reproduce these results. Until there is a DEFINITIVE test done where everything is documented (apps, killed apps, stock/root and exact times of EVERYTHING done on the device) everything here is anecdotal. No more, no less.

mills

Reaction score
You don't have to believe me, I've got absolutely no reason to lie about my battery's life.

Not rooted anymore, stock 2.1. Helix Launcher. Beautiful widgets, FML widget, audio manager widget, batterylife widget, Gmail unread count widget.

Startup Auditor with Calendar, bluetooth, corporate calendar, email, google partner, google talk, and amazon mp3 store all set to NEVER start. I do not use a task killer.

Under my "running services" the only things that are working when I am on my home screen are batterylifeservice, FMLwidgetupdateservice, Touch Input, and Gmail unread Count.

Yes, I get 48-60 hours of battery life between charges.

It's all about learning how to configure your device to fit your needs while maintaining resources.

Last edited:

mills

Reaction score

I'm not flabbergasted, your battery is dying because it's constantly trying to locate service, this happened to me at my previous employer, my phone would not even last my entire shift.

Mule65

Reaction score
Until there is a DEFINITIVE test done where everything is documented (apps, killed apps, stock/root and exact times of EVERYTHING done on the device) everything here is anecdotal. No more, no less.

Perhaps, but I certainly didn't expect to be combing Droid forums looking for ways to get 24 hours from a charge. This is a serious limitation. Just looking for any workable solution before I revert to a dumb phone that lasts a week on a charge. IMHO.