OK, my battery lasts 4 times longer now. No joke!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by s54, Apr 2, 2010.

1. ricks

ricks Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Ok, I read this somewhere, Go to the app you want to ignore and open it, Then go to home and open the killer app and you should see running apps. Touch and hold the app you want ignored and choose your action. Let me know if it works

2. Pagaldesi4life

Ratings:
    +0
    i think this app would be most effective if it killed all your apps and not have any on the ignore list...

with that said, i am trying to ignore as few many apps as i can. should i ignore setcpu?

3. meaker

meaker Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Tried this app for about 3 days and didn't see any change in my battery so I uninstalled..

4. auto_loader2

auto_loader2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    only apollo task killer has auto kill, not advanced task killer.
    :motdroidhoriz:

5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Almost ditto. I tried it for 2 days. No difference and I uninstalled it.

6. privatejz

privatejz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    looks good to me

i don't know ladies and gents. i installed this app yesterday, pulled it off the charger at 8 am this morning and here it is 11:30 with 90% battery. i have been listening to my phone's music player since i have pulled it off the entire time. thats 3.5 hrs of constant listening to the player with much less drain..
    i am not saying that it makes the apps use less battery but if it turns off other things in the background that make it last longer i am super fine with that.

i have all the regular things on the ignore list, ie. messaging/email/helix/screebl

from where i am sitting it is saving some battery life.. i can't claim 4x but my normal usage would at least be 80-70% by this time today depending on usage of course.

going to keep an eye on it the rest of the day and the following few days to see if it is constant improvement or not.

jz.

7. s54

s54 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I need to straighten out a couple things that keep confusing the hell out of people:

(1) When I first installed this app a couple weeks ago, it was called "ADVANCED TASK KILLER". It was made by "Apollo". This is NOT a maybe, it's a FACT. Then, when I went into the application and tried hitting the update button, it crapped out, telling me that there is no such app in the Market. That's when it all made sense. Apollo changed the name from "ADVANCED TASK KILLER" to "APOLLO TASK KILLER". I hope this clears up the confusion. The reason why they changed was probably because there was already another app named "advanced task killer". Yes, at one point, there were TWO apps named "ADVANCED TASK KILLER". One was made by Apollo and the other by someone else. Got it? - good!

(2) I suspect that people who don't notice any improvement in battery life whatsoever are not utilizing the app to its fullest potential. Here is a rough draft of what I do after installing it:

First, open up as many apps as you can. Then, click and hold the name of the ones that you want "IGNORED". In other words, the task(s) you choose to ignore will NOT be killed by the ADVANCED TASK KILLER app.

Next, I go to "SETTINGS" and select the following options:

(a) auto startup - checked!
    (b) notification bar icon - NOT checked!
    (c) enable auto-kill - checked! This is the whole point of this app!
    (d) auto-kill delay - set to 1 minute!
    (e) auto-kill notification - NOT checked!

Alright, there you have it. Try it out!
    And let's cut the bull****. Maybe it truly doesn't work for everyone, and I can't explain why?!

THE BOTTOM LINE: Since installing the APOLLO TASK KILLER, I only need to charge my phone every 3 days. This includes "moderate" (we already went over this so please don't ask me to define it) texting, browsing, and talking.

8. homemadehitshow

Ratings:
    +0
    s54, interesting if slightly angry post :)

I have been running the Apollo app (which was still called ATK 3 days ago), for 3 days with similar settings to you, I use the notification to see what it's doing. Before this with pretty similar use I was getting about 20 hours between charges. For these 3 days I have been getting about 16 hours and I've been using the phone a bit less.

I can't explain it either and I am simply STUNNED that anyone can get that much use without a charge. If I leave my phone off all night it drops about 30%

9. Pagaldesi4life

Ratings:
    +0
    these phones are like gas mileages, they'll all vary even if we all have the same model. like it was said earlier, there will be ppl that get an amazing battery performance, and then there will be people who dont.

s54, what ppl may wonder is that, are you running any widgets? if so, which ones?

10. BrooklynDROID

BrooklynDROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I decided to do a "highly scientific" experiment overnight with my Droid and Apollo.

I charged it to 100% and then at approximately 8:30PM I removed it from the dock and set it on my desk.

When I woke up at 5:10AM this morning, the battery had dropped to 90%. In other words, it only lost 10% of it's battery charge.

Without Apollo, I have seen it drop to 60%-70% battery (30%-40% loss)

So, in my eyes, Apollo works.:)

As far as which apps were running or killed, I have my ignore list set with anything having to do with messaging, calls, or email. Everything else gets killed. WiFi was on when I put the phone down at night.

11. htbyron

htbyron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am also seeing substantial improvement after installing and configuring these 2 apps, on top of the marginal but notable improvement from the 2.1 update. I don't want to get into a debate with anyone about whether they believe me or not, or why it might be working for some and not others. But I encourage others to give these a try to see if this approach will work for you. If not, uninstall the apps and be done with it.

12. shugknight

shugknight Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Brooklyn, I did the same test last night. Normally I only unplug my phone in the morning right before work. But last night I decided at 11:45pm, I would unplug it and see how long it will last throughout an entire work day without charging.

Normally, leaving my phone unplugged on a full charge overnight, will result in a lost of 30-40% of my battery by the next morning. Maybe more.

This morning, after having the phone on overnight for more than 9 hours, it was at 80%. I've been listening to my music since 8:30am (it's 11am now) and now it's currently at 60%.

I think that's pretty good and I feel that it proves that Apollo works.

S54, don't sweat what everyone says. The difference you see on your phone is for you to enjoy. If others are unwilling to believe you, without testing your findings, then it is their lost.

Search tags for this page
how can i make my droid x battery last longer
how do i make my droid x battery last longer
how to make a droid x battery last longer

how to make droid x battery last longer

how to make droid x2 battery last longer
how to make my battery last longer on my droid x

how to make my droid x battery last longer

how to make the battery on my droid x last longer
how to make the droid x battery last longer
how to make your droid x battery last longer