OK Let's All Be Honest... Tempted by the Nexus 6 or Not?

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I have two O+Os, one is in it's original box and never opened. I keep it for emergencies, and the other is my pristine daily driver.

I'm considering selling both today then turning around and buying a 64GB N6 at pre-order next week. The O+O is still hot in the tech community, and you can get $400 for it in perfect condition. In the coming weeks I don't think it'll be so hot after the N6 comes out and is available on contract from carriers for $200. A lot of people who have been holding out for the One will simply buy what they can get and move on with life. As a side note I am a HUGE fan of the original Moto X. Having Moto X "DNA" is fiercely driving my desire for the N6.

Are you tempted to buy the N6 and sell your One+One?

I'm by no means disappointed with my O+O, but... dat N6...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
This is week two with my One+... Love the phone.. Nothing it can't do and only small bug is the pinch to zoom which I'm sure will be fixed.. Already plenty software updates..flash any ROM or mod....CM is solid.. On the other hand ✋ I'm thinking of buying Nexus.. We have waited for Moto Nexus since my Galaxy days... I'm in the same boat... Haha
I'm keeping the M8 as my second phone ... So decisions decisions... No help here... Lol

One+1

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I am sure I can be quoted that I thought it would be "too big" but it will be a device a pick up once VZW has it for pre-order or release :)...

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is week two with my One+... Love the phone.. Nothing it can't do and only small bug is the pinch to zoom which I'm sure will be fixed.. Already plenty software updates..flash any ROM or mod....CM is solid.. On the other hand ✋ I'm thinking of buying Nexus.. We have waited for Moto Nexus since my Galaxy days... I'm in the same boat... Haha
I'm keeping the M8 as my second phone ... So decisions decisions... No help here... Lol

One+1
Personally, if I had an M8 and a 1+1, I would sell the M8 and use that to buy the Nexus 6. :D Since I only have a 1+1, I think I will hang on to it. I think the N6 looks sweet, but I like my OPO too much to get rid of it.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm going to have so many phones to check out when I get back to the States in December that it will be hard to choose one.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Personally, if I had an M8 and a 1+1, I would sell the M8 and use that to buy the Nexus 6. :D Since I only have a 1+1, I think I will hang on to it. I think the N6 looks sweet, but I like my OPO too much to get rid of it.

I know it's tough call.. I rather keep M8 to switch bc smaller phone.. I'm set on Nexus as of now... So put up One+ for sale.. But who knows I flip the switch often.. Haha

One+1

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Motorola Nexus all the way for me. waiting to pre-order. My decision is no longer whether I am buying a nexus but blue or white.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think I may go white... But who the heck knows when the time comes.

on the move..

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So is it going to be the same phone on all carriers or different for Verizon?

on the move..

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So a CDMA version and an unlocked version basically.

on the move..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So is it going to be the same phone on all carriers or different for Verizon?

on the move..

Exact same phone the US model is incorporated with cdma radios as well as GSM and LTE for all US carriers. There will only be two models the US and International (Nexus 6 Cruises Through the FCC Droid Life so it do not matter whether you buy it through att, verizon, t-mobile, sprint, us cellular, best buy, or google play they are all the same. It will be like the Nexus 5 where once you get it you take it to which ever carrier you want to use it on (as some carriers have to match the imei to your customer profile in order for you to use LTE when I activated my Nexus 5 I could only access att hspa+ until they put my nexus imei in the system) put in your apn info in settings ad you are good to go once the carrier gives you their sim. So @popcenator if you were to buy it say on sprint and you moved to an area where sprint's towers were subpar you can take that same phone into att or verizon and use it on their network LTE and all.

I wonder if the Nexus 6 works with LTE-Advanced?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yup two versions as PC stated..

As with the Nexus 5, Google is going to sell two versions of the new flagship device. There will be one Nexus 6 SKU for the Americas and another for the rest of the globe. Each will have the LTE bands that work for carriers in that region, with the usual overlapping on 3G and 2G. There are a ton of bands too.

Here are the bands for the Americas SKU:

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/8
LTE: Bands: 2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/29/41
CA DL: Bands: B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-29, B4-B5, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29

And for the international version:

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
CDMA: not supported
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/9/19
LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/9/19/20/28/41
CA DL: B3-B5, B3-B8

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's what I thought pc, thanks my man.

on the move..

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And Bk with the assist, thanks guys.

on the move..