OK Ladies and Gentlemen....

BostonDan

Reaction score
It won't come bundled, but flash 10.1 went final, so I think you can just get it from the market.
Sent from my Droid

Did I miss something? When did flash go final and does it have HW acceleration? Last I heard was Beta3???

Final Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Arrives for Android | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

I just checked the Market, as well as get.adobe.com/flashplayer and it says item not found...

Anybody else have this problem?

Cheers,
B.D.

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

BostonDan

Reaction score
Yes. I think it might be a "Marketplace" issue, as I had to reinstall my OS yesterday evening because of overclocking problems (some aspect of my OS/framework would not allow me to overclock).

I will try the market fix and let you know if that was the problem.

Thanks Pdroid.

Cheers,
B.D.

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. I think it might be a "Marketplace" issue, as I had to reinstall my OS yesterday evening because of overclocking problems (some aspect of my OS/framework would not allow me to overclock).

Thanks Pdroid.

Cheers,
B.D.

I hope you can find it - I'm not running a 2.2 build myself, I'm only relaying what I've heard about flash, so I can't provide any meaningful assistance.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I'll be getting an X, I hope Koush (or someone else?) ports to it. I heard that the X and the Droid2 will use the same software build which is interesting. If true then that might give more incentive for Koush to make it work. Kill two phones with one stone.

BostonDan

Reaction score

Thanks Pdroid.

Cheers,
B.D.

I hope you can find it - I'm not running a 2.2 build myself, I'm only relaying what I've heard about flash, so I can't provide any meaningful assistance.

No go. I installed Bgills market update, but I still cannot find the final flash release. I'm thinking maybe they pulled it for some reason?

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!

Cheers,
B.D.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think it will only show up for phones that have received official 2.2 updates... so right now maybe it will show up for 2.2 N1s.

Not sure tho.

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I'll be getting an X, I hope Koush (or someone else?) ports to it. I heard that the X and the Droid2 will use the same software build which is interesting. If true then that might give more incentive for Koush to make it work. Kill two phones with one stone.

X looks great but I'm still going to hold out hope that there's an LTE capable device early next year.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
LTE would be nice but I think an X will satisfy me for quite a while. I wouldn't mind keeping my Droid, it still holds my interest easily. But I have an upgrade available and my wife wants my Droid so why not? By the time my next upgrade comes around, there should be some sort of nice LTE phone available :D

OP
pdroid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
LTE would be nice but I think an X will satisfy me for quite a while. I wouldn't mind keeping my Droid, it still holds my interest easily. But I have an upgrade available and my wife wants my Droid so why not? By the time my next upgrade comes around, there should be some sort of nice LTE phone available :D

I guess I could technically qualify for the upgrade as well - but with the advent of CM6 my Droid will be more than sufficient for a while - guess i can't give up the root world very easily is another problem, lol

(that's not to say that the X is not rootable)

OK I'll mod myself, we're going off-topic here. More CM6 news when it's available.

supersaki

Reaction score
No go. I installed Bgills market update, but I still cannot find the final flash release. I'm thinking maybe they pulled it for some reason?

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks!

Cheers,
B.D.

Article I read said Beta 3 should be available 6/22 in the market, but final build was only sent to phone manufacturers. Final release would be sent once Froyo was officially released.

Adobe launches Flash 10.1 for Mobile: More than half of all smartphones by 2012? | ZDNet

Since Froyo is just now going out to Nexus One phones, should be pretty soon.