1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ok im stuck any help?????

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by yankees2009, Mar 12, 2010.

1. yankees2009

yankees2009 New Member

hey im trying to put the 2.1 ESE53 Theme (Z Droid) onto my phone using MM but everytime its done loading the stuff it reboots and there are no changes on it. Im currently running it on 2.1, Ultimate Droid 6.5 kernel version 2.629omapl p3droid@mydroidworld #5. Can anybody help me?? Thanks!!
  2. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Link to the theme? Also is it theming somethings and not others?
  3. yankees2009

yankees2009 New Member

15 people looked and nobody can help me :(
  4. yankees2009

yankees2009 New Member

5. yankees2009

yankees2009 New Member

Wow thanks guys
  6. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

I actually have had this problem earlier today. I haven't 100% investigated into what the problem is. I assume it is a problem with MM though. Maybe JIT, maybe profiles on the OC throwing it off (like sleep profile being too slow), maybe a memory issue (enough free space in the /system partition).

I am going to look into it a bit later tonight hopefully. My situation could be completely different than yours though. I doubt I figure out the problem either, but...I am going to try stuff hehe

Side note, have a little patience. You posted this thread under an hour ago, it is 345PM EST, earlier than that in other timezones. Most people are at work, or maybe doing other things rather than browsing the forums. Not everyone that reads the thread should reply to it, because then we would end up with a ton of pointless posts.
  7. thebowers

Does it ask you to reboot when done or does it just reboot on it's own? If it is doing a short reboot (which is where it reboots on its own and doesn't show the M at the beginning), then it is freaking out when pushing the framework-res.apk. If that is the only thing that isn't getting apply there is a work around to get this down. It is suggested in the thread where the theme is. If you don't feel comfortable doing it, just post your framework-res.apk and services.jar in a zip file. I can implement the them into your files for your. As well as change your text red if you would like. This theme will not change the color of the text for you. Just let me know. As we are here to help you it just takes some time.
  8. yankees2009

yankees2009 New Member

so if i just download the file you could do the rest for me? sorry im a newb when it comes to this stuff :)
  9. thebowers

Yes just use Astro or Root Explorer from the Market to copy those two files. Then put them in a zip file and upload.

The files are found here in your phone /system/framework/
  10. yankees2009

yankees2009 New Member

omg im confused!!
  11. ldimick

ldimick New Member

This probably sounds overly rude.

Question: Do you understand the difference between the theme and the kernel?
  12. yankees2009

yankees2009 New Member

nope :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(